Gilbey

Garage Door Opener Help

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have 16 year old Marantec openers. I have three garage bays. My car and my wife's car are programed, so we don't use the manual/remote transmitters. The third bay is used by my kids who drive older cars which don't have built in opener abilities. I have just one of the old remotes, and it's somehow programmed to open the second and third bays at the same time. I did some research online and can't find a way to unprogram the remote and relink it so it only operates the 3rd bay. I think I can buy a generic remote and program that, but I am not certain. Any ideas?

Alan

On 11/28/2021 at 9:39 AM, Gilbey said:

I have 16 year old Marantec openers. I have three garage bays. My car and my wife's car are programed, so we don't use the manual/remote transmitters. The third bay is used by my kids who drive older cars which don't have built in opener abilities. I have just one of the old remotes, and it's somehow programmed to open the second and third bays at the same time. I did some research online and can't find a way to unprogram the remote and relink it so it only operates the 3rd bay. I think I can buy a generic remote and program that, but I am not certain. Any ideas?

Alan

Have you tried google..there are tons of videos and questions on it.  I'm sure you can find your answer in there

On 11/28/2021 at 9:39 AM, Gilbey said:

Alan

Most garage openers have a learn or program button on the opener “motor” it self. Some can be accessed from the back others would need to take the outer shelf off. Generally there’s a arrow symbol up and same for the down position. Next to them is usually where you can find a reset button. Some are small you need a needle or possibly a paper clip. I’ve also seen reset button’s on the remote usually next to where you would but in the battery’s. Ounce you locate the reset you should be able to reprogram your remote to what door you want to open. Just make sure When you program the remote you use the doors control’s you want it to be paired with.

Thanks guys. I have done a TON of googling and watched videos til my eyes bleed. I will look for that reset pin, that's exactly what I need!

Some older door openers have a dip switch instead of a learn function. Under the remote battery are several switches on/off/disabled. On the back of the door opener are similar switches, so if the door opener has 5 switches that are: up/down/up/up/down and your remote had 7 switches you would match the 1st 5 then put the other 2 in disable mode. You can change then to whatever you want on both ends. Not sure what year they stopped using them, my 80s house has them and I like the flexibility...

13 hours ago, stormy monday said:

Some older door openers have a dip switch instead of a learn function. Under the remote battery are several switches on/off/disabled. On the back of the door opener are similar switches, so if the door opener has 5 switches that are: up/down/up/up/down and your remote had 7 switches you would match the 1st 5 then put the other 2 in disable mode. You can change then to whatever you want on both ends. Not sure what year they stopped using them, my 80s house has them and I like the flexibility...

My mother has that type of opener.  I installed it. Heck, it must be 40 years old.  Still going strong but yes, I like the DIP switch method too.