Riverboat33

Steelers at Bengals

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Steelers at Bengals -3.5    1 PM today

Big game for both teams.  Ben is the only starting QB to go the last 5 weeks without an interception.  He has been rather upbeat ( joking with reporters rather than being passive aggressive) after the big 4th quarter against the Chargers.  I'm guessing one of two possibilities.

1)  The offence is starting to click and will continue to improve.

2)  They are scrapping much of Canada's offence, and will use more no huddle and let Ben run it.

I think number 2.

TJ and Minkah are back, Haden out.  Pressure on Burrow will be the key, the last game both TJ and Highsmith were out.

Lets Go Steelers  

Pittsburgh usually wins these games late in the season. I'd lay the 3.5 and hope its one of Ben's days. Of course I'm one of the worst gamblers ever, the more I think I have a handle on the picks the worse I pick. Easily under .500 every year ( I don't actually bet) and I've always believed if I went opposite my choices , I'd make $$$ . However, would I pick the same if it were real money instead of just picking without analyzing? 

I believe most fans are similar, we think we know,  but the linemakers know better. Tough to  beat.

Lot of shade being thrown at Bush over the past week.  Seems the problem is not with his knee but rapid decision making and commitment to the play.

The dead cat vid he put out pre-training camp was a sign of a troubled mind, Hope not.

Throwing two picks is a bad recipe.  58% of pass completions is not going to get it done for any team, those are backup QB numbers. 

4 mins ago, Dieseldog13 said:

Condolences. Wait until next year. Or the year after or….

It could be a while, that 3-year-old contract of Bens will easily delay things a couple of year. 

Now they should go after Aaron Rodgers

5 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

So much for the no interception streak.

Does Najee Harris have trouble finding the holes or does the Offensive line suck? Big Ben at this stage of his career needs a running game.

42 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Does Najee Harris have trouble finding the holes or does the Offensive line suck? Big Ben at this stage of his career needs a running game.

Ben is closer to putting up a stinker than he is 100 QB rating.  Harris is a rookie playing against seasoned veterans. Teams have watched tapes and focus on him. By now all teams should be getting better and teams that are not improving will be last in the division. Bengals are definitely trending up. 

1 Game separates the Ravens, Bengals and Browns. Steelers are on the outside looking in with a very tough schedule ahead. 

10 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Does Najee Harris have trouble finding the holes or does the Offensive line suck? 

The O-line sucks, one vet, 2 rookies and 2 second year guys.  It was hoped they would gel by midseason, but not happening.  Real problem is smallest and lowest paid coaching staff in the NFL.  You get what you pay for.