foxfai

The prudential

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

The first car in the old picture to the right is either 55 56 Ford or Chevy l cant make out the grill or turn signal lights to give a good call l had both in the early 60s.

Edited by LB

‘58-62 ……lived on Hemingway and Gainsborough attending NU…..watched that being constructed..….top floor observation deck and restaurant, Top of the Hub, was a great draw for many years……times were simpler and the town was much different back then. 

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

‘58-62 ……lived on Hemingway and Gainsborough attending NU…..watched that being constructed..….top floor observation deck and restaurant, Top of the Hub, was a great draw for many years……times were simpler and the town was much different back then. 

Roger that , and rent was cheap, I was paying 90 bucks a month for a studio apt on Beacon St in 68 I think it was

1 hour ago, capequahog said:

Roger that , and rent was cheap, I was paying 90 bucks a month for a studio apt on Beacon St in 68 I think it was

……..and draft beer at seedy neighborhood watering holes was easy on the wallet. 

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

……..and draft beer at seedy neighborhood watering holes was easy on the wallet. 

In 1970 when I graduated from high school, then general class of 12 guys and no girls, took a weekend trip to Lake George N.Y.  we spent a considerable amount of time in a main st. bar called the "Bowling Alley"...........00.15 16 oz. draft beer called Utica Club tasted great after drinking a couple.................

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

In 1970 when I graduated from high school, then general class of 12 guys and no girls, took a weekend trip to Lake George N.Y.  we spent a considerable amount of time in a main st. bar called the "Bowling Alley"...........00.15 16 oz. draft beer called Utica Club tasted great after drinking a couple.................

Yep, that sounds about right.  15-20 cents a draft.

We imbibed at the Lobster Claw.  A small bar and restaurant at the corner of Gainsborough and Hemingway.  Bar side had a “back room”. Dimly lit, aroma was one of stale beer and cheap whisky sours.  

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Yep, that sounds about right.  15-20 cents a draft.

We imbibed at the Lobster Claw.  A small bar and restaurant at the corner of Gainsborough and Hemingway.  Bar side had a “back room”. Dimly lit, aroma was one of stale beer and cheap whisky sours.  

Thank you for the verification, was taht strange old man in corner ogling the ladies you??????????????

21 mins ago, capequahog said:

There was a great selection of dives in the area, I used to like the Kentucky tavern, no idea where the Kentucky came from

Corner Mass and Newbury as I recall.  Never dropped in.