RAW

Busy day, as no school , picked a few

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Too perfect a day with school out , Smaller snook again on cut bait. A nice cobia was hooked on pin fish under float, bad net job(not me)a few pompano, Jack, and really good size grouper again poorly landed. Snapper were hot, sheepshead quiet. Sheriff pulled his boat to pier and called in at 6 boats, Checking registration, fishing licenses, no issues,At least 30 people with lines everywhere, Restaurant on the beach selling lots of blackened grouper

25426E55-B77C-4D34-888B-BE2BAC7FC95B.jpeg

This time of year they really bulk on front half. Unlike the beach or mangrove snook their profile is slightly different. They live in a 1000’ area mostly:rav:

19 hours ago, Bunkerface said:

Almost looks like a sick snook.

yeah, with all the protective slime left on the deck but it poses nicely for another small trophy picture :th:

6 hours ago, quest450 said:

yeah, with all the protective slime left on the deck but it poses nicely for another small trophy picture :th:

Ahhhh that’s where I cut up mullet, anything else. Don’t like posts, don’t read, 

Some fish have multiple hooks and mono around gills . Always try to remove everything. Even all the seagulls and pelican caught by all. A guy caught a fish with a zip lock bag in the mouth and gill of a grouper.:banghd::rav:

I mean no disrespect here.

These snook live in a 1000' area and have multiple hooks in them and fishing line out the ass; yet people continue to go there daily to play C&R with them. I would get my grouper and snapper limit once a week and find other places to sport fish.

1 min ago, quest450 said:

you get butthurt easily ?

Not really, There are 6 guys all 70’s and up, Vets, disabled, and physically slowed. We fish 3 days a week ,we all look forward to netting and doing photos for each other. We don’t abuse , over fish. It’s easy to say go somewhere else or catch less?But how about the guides bragging about there 30-50 fish, daily . I know no one who would stop fishing after hiking 3-4  fish. Persons throw out their thoughts out without seeing what’s really happening.  Understand that there are all kinds of personalities here, and lots of the members rebutt , but do not create anything new with pics about fishing? Right? For the members that are offended, stop reading my posts. Simple we will not miss each other. :rav:

2 hours ago, quest450 said:

you get butthurt easily ?

Went back t least 6 months , do you ever post, or are you just a lurker who parses out things?:rav:

kinda lurker but I do enjoy breaking balls if you're asking for it :laugh:

especially the look at me ppl treating snook like crap

most snowbirds are like that, you're no different IMO

9 hours ago, RAW said:

Not really, There are 6 guys all 70’s and up, Vets, disabled, and physically slowed. We fish 3 days a week ,we all look forward to netting and doing photos for each other. We don’t abuse , over fish. It’s easy to say go somewhere else or catch less?But how about the guides bragging about there 30-50 fish, daily . I know no one who would stop fishing after hiking 3-4  fish. Persons throw out their thoughts out without seeing what’s really happening.  Understand that there are all kinds of personalities here, and lots of the members rebutt , but do not create anything new with pics about fishing? Right? For the members that are offended, stop reading my posts. Simple we will not miss each other. :rav:

Raw, your reports are great. Keep them coming. The hell with the troll that quest is. He tries to get your goat, ignore him. He never posts any thread about fishing but lurks offering zero value to the day to day. He’s tried this to me, he is what they call the big mouth and no value of words ever are spoken. 

Wait next he’ll add some stupid line of politics to your fishing reports. A holes will always be a holes.  

Ignore the troll. 

47 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Raw, your reports are great. Keep them coming. The hell with the troll that quest is. He tries to get your goat, ignore him. He never posts any thread about fishing but lurks offering zero value to the day to day. He’s tried this to me, he is what they call the big mouth and no value of words ever are spoken. 

Wait next he’ll add some stupid line of politics to your fishing reports. A holes will always be a holes.  

Ignore the troll. 

Agreed. This crap belongs in the other “ball busting” forums. Why can’t we just leave this one at fishing?

Hey RAW, don’t worry about that bum. Just ignore him. Enjoy your fishing. I wish I could fish as much as you do - and I live here lol :howdy: