JBreese1

Wishing for a Happy, safe and healthy Thanksgiging for all my friends here.

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I feel blessed to have so many close friends here I would be typing all night long to reach out to all of you individually. I hope everyone and their families have a wonderful Thanksgiving. There is nothing more important than family and friends.

The Breese's

Thanks Mokes. It seems we have lived similar lives and seem to always be posting in the same threads. I was fortunate also to be found by a wonderful woman who also saw something in me I didn't know was there. I got out of the drugs, criminal and gang stuff early (22) but my profession put me alone in the worst areas of the worst shithole cities up and down the East coast. I would love to meet you one day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Jim

You're always a class act Mr. Breese, really enjoy your firearm projects posted in the Enfield. Best Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family...

May God bless all of the SOL family. I know He is as thankful for the care and support shown throughout the SOL community for each other as we struggle with this thing called life as we are for the graces and daily blessings from a loving God.

Turkey up!!!!

post-19240-0-54198000-1448917445.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your families. 

Since 1961, the Wall Street Journal has run the same two items on its editorial page for Thanksgiving. One, from a journal written in 1620, describes the journey across the ocean. The other, written years later which I am excerpting below, offers some reminders that are still relevant today.

Of course the stranger cannot quiet their spirits. For it is true that everywhere men turn their eyes today much of the world has a truly wild and savage hue. No man, if he be truthful, can say that the specter of war is banished. Nor can he say that when men or communities are put upon their own resources they are sure of solace; nor be sure that men of diverse kinds and diverse views can live peaceably together in a time of troubles.

But we can all remind ourselves that the richness of this country was not born in the resources of the earth, though they be plentiful, but in the men that took its measure. For that reminder is everywhere—in the cities, towns, farms, roads, factories, homes, hospitals, schools that spread everywhere over that wilderness.

We can remind ourselves that for all our social discord we yet remain the longest enduring society of free men governing themselves without benefit of kings or dictators. Being so, we are the marvel and the mystery of the world, for that enduring liberty is no less a blessing than the abundance of the earth.

And we might remind ourselves also, that if those men setting out from Delftshaven had been daunted by the troubles they saw around them, then we could not this autumn be thankful for a fair land.

…………

You can find both here without having to deal with the Journal's paywall.

https://www.numaticengineering.com/wsj-thanksgiving