adobo

Van Staal Self Service kits

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the kits will be available for sale anytime soon? It's been some time now since these were available. Thanks in advance!

Hi, Adobo

I did contact two weeks ago "Pure Fishing" owners of Van Staal reels and the answer was, not available at this time and no date when will it become available..

10 mins ago, georgetech said:

Hi, Adobo

I did contact two weeks ago "Pure Fishing" owners of Van Staal reels and the answer was, not available at this time and no date when will it become available..

Dang, its been what, a year and a half now? That is not good. Thanks for sharing!

40 mins ago, adobo said:

Dang, its been what, a year and a half now? That is not good. Thanks for sharing!

Go on the NJ forums to see if anybody has the wrench and the seal pushing tool you could borrow. You can get the o-rings on ebay. Better yet, take it to fishermanhq for service in the winter since you can't take out the main seal and pinion seal without the proper tool.

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, hobobob said:

Go on the NJ forums to see if anybody has the wrench and the seal pushing tool you could borrow. You can get the o-rings on ebay. Better yet, take it to fishermanhq for service in the winter since you can't take out the main seal and pinion seal without the proper tool.

Ebay has one person selling and it is a bit overpriced. I borrowed a wrench from a friend but dont want to be a bother anymore so would like to buy my own. I understand the main seal cant be self serviced, i think my seals are fine at the moment in my 100 and 150. But thanks. 

Edited by adobo

8 mins ago, adobo said:

Ebay has one person selling and it is a bit overpriced. I borrowed a wrench from a friend but dont want to be a bother anymore so would like to buy my own. I understand the main seal cant be self serviced, i think my seals are fine at the moment in my 100 and 150. But thanks. 

If you think the seals are over priced, wait till you see the rest of the kit. :laugh:

I have a pair of Channel Locks with plastic teeth a friend gave me, I haven't tried them but I'm sure they would work. About the main seal, I have a tool to remove the main seal and when I removed mine from my 8yr. old VS200 at the time it looked better than new. This was over 7yrs. ago and I haven't touched it since.

3 mins ago, hobobob said:

If you think the seals are over priced, wait till you see the rest of the kit. :laugh:

I heard and saw. Crazy times huh?

1 min ago, prican1 said:

I have a pair of Channel Locks with plastic teeth a friend gave me, I haven't tried them but I'm sure they would work. About the main seal, I have a tool to remove the main seal and when I removed mine from my 8yr. old VS200 at the time it looked better than new. This was over 7yrs. ago and I haven't touched it since.

Im not touching the main seal at this time. I will try to buy the wrench from my buddy so I can do some light service to my reels over the winter. They are dunked almost every trip. I just want to check if theyre okay. Thanks.

22 mins ago, adobo said:

Im not touching the main seal at this time. I will try to buy the wrench from my buddy so I can do some light service to my reels over the winter. They are dunked almost every trip. I just want to check if theyre okay. Thanks.

Bring some beer and a hockey puck to someone who has some power tools like a drill press, plunge router, etc, he should be able to make wrench in short order.

11 mins ago, hobobob said:

Bring some beer and a hockey puck to someone who has some power tools like a drill press, plunge router, etc, he should be able to make wrench in short order.

Just bought the wrench. Thanks man! But will still buy the self service kit when available. 

2 hours ago, georgetech said:

Hi, Adobo

Pure Fishing, am I the only one that thinks they just destroy a decent brand when they buy them?

7 hours ago, adobo said:

check out facebook under van staal group they have guys who service and sell them

12 hours ago, adobo said:

Anyone know if the kits will be available for sale anytime soon? It's been some time now since these were available. Thanks in advance!

Dude. Despite what people say its not worth it to self service a vs.  i can pm u a name for service. 
also how does a reel need service if it doesn’t catch fish