55555s

Selling fuel oil

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Switching to gas and I have an an almost full oil tank in the ground.   Not great timing, but the new boiler deal sort of just happened.  

The gas deal is too good to pass up, so I cant (dont want to) wait until late January when the tank is empty.  

Neighbors within 2 houses in any direction (hose/pumping distance) all have gas now.

Called 2 oil co's that have delivered to me in the past and they said they can take it back as waste for a fee.  Company doing the gas switch said same, $1 a gallon.  BS.  

I have a thousand$ of oil in the thing, I'd like to recoup some of it. 

Anyone have realistic experience here?  Anyone know a guy?  MorrisPassaicBergenEssexSomersetSussex nj

Thank in advance.  

3 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Ask Gellflex. He's got a guy.

Is this his guy? Biden to release 50M barrels of oil from Strategic Petroleum Reserve amid gas price spike

55 mins ago, 55555s said:

Switching to gas and I have an an almost full oil tank in the ground.   

You better hope that the tank does not have any leakage issues otherwise trying to recoup some of the left over oil costs will be the least of your concerns.

Don’t think you’ll find anybody who would pay for it they might come pump it out and take it for free.   I have 5 55 gallon drums and a pump that I use.  

2 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

Pay for the new equipment and delay install until the oil is all used up. 

Follow me for more recipies.

That sounds like the best option. 

39 mins ago, jeffw said:

@55555sMy friend's boat partner is in the business, I'll reach out and get back to you.

The buisness of what exactly? Does he buy used refrigerant? It transferred to a commercial of residential storage tank and tax is paid on it as heating oil. I'm not explaining this again but if you sell the remainder of the oil in the tank make sure there are no contaminants. Water in this case is a contaminant. 

if you have a friend or a friend of a friend that uses waste oil for heat maybe it's worth thier while to pump it and haul it off. If you expect retail or even close to retail roll another number and smack yourself in the head. What you have is hazardous waste and if it's an in ground tank I suggest you move at night. And assume a new identity.