BrianBM

Kastmaster at the 'Chu

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Ummm.  'Tis the season when I do baking. I only bake one thing, baklava, but I do it well. I have some special requests for this season; baklava flavored with rum, baklava with chocolate (but is it still then baklava?).  My niece says that if there is any change from my traditional recipe, she'll kill me, so I have trays of that to do too.

Tackle play will have to wait a bit.

F$&@ fishing baklava is waay too important!

On the topic kastmaster lures have declined in quality massively in the last few years.

34 mins ago, Running Ape said:

On the topic kastmaster lures have declined in quality massively in the last few years.

And knock off versions have pretty much the exact same action at considerable less price. 

13 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Ummm.  'Tis the season when I do baking. I only bake one thing, baklava, but I do it well. I have some special requests for this season; baklava flavored with rum, baklava with chocolate (but is it still then baklava?).  My niece says that if there is any change from my traditional recipe, she'll kill me, so I have trays of that to do too.

Tackle play will have to wait a bit.

Here's my baklava story.

I was in Boston one day, and bought an entire tray of fresh baklava from a Greek bakery. Not cheap.

We had guest coming the next day so I thought they'd enjoy it. Left it on the kitchen counter, went to bed.

Wake up the next day, all that's left is a clean tray. 

We had this beautiful female lab named Lucy. The greatest bird dog of all time. She got up during the night, apparently jumped in the counter, and ate every ounce of my baklava.

10 hours ago, bob_G said:

Here's my baklava story.

I was in Boston one day, and bought an entire tray of fresh baklava from a Greek bakery. Not cheap.

We had guest coming the next day so I thought they'd enjoy it. Left it on the kitchen counter, went to bed.

Wake up the next day, all that's left is a clean tray. 

We had this beautiful female lab named Lucy. The greatest bird dog of all time. She got up during the night, apparently jumped in the counter, and ate every ounce of my baklava.

Should have taken her out looking for birds. She was ready.

14 hours ago, mikez2 said:

In the 70s and 80s it was always the Res or the Resie. It is still how I think of it in my head and usually how I say it out loud.

I'd guess that "the Res" was the local name for people who lived around the Boylston/Worcester area. I grew up in Chicopee and fished Quabbin a lot so saying "the Res" has a completely different meaning for me. 

The res was the local name for those who new how to fish it, kinda like a badge of honor. The chu is for the outsiders , like the tourist at the canal. LOL. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, still a few days left for ‘ one more cast’ .

7 hours ago, zak-striper said:

I'd guess that "the Res" was the local name for people who lived around the Boylston/Worcester area. I grew up in Chicopee and fished Quabbin a lot so saying "the Res" has a completely different meaning for me. 

This is true. The guy that first brought me there lived in Clinton. In Maynard where I lived it was Res too.

i buy knock offs, about 1.50 apiece, change the hooks and downsize them one size. Dress them and sometimes decorate them with nail polish  and other things. 

A good fall there this year, Quinny too.