Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goldy

PSA - Do Not Buy Simms G4 Wading Boots if you fish the ocean

Rate this topic

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Possibly 110% wrong. Who buys wader boots and then complains that they let sand in when standing in swirling sand water.  Who interprets best or best performing or whatever as meaning won’t let sand in. It’s actually comical that as idiotic as that sounds there are still one or two who agrees with it. If a boot stops sand it would also o be impossible to get your foot in it. 

Edited by poopdeck

4 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Do you believe all the marketing hype surrounding virtually every product out there?

Do you want the to say “they’re pretty good but could be better”?

Why is this so hard to understand?   

14 hours ago, poopdeck said:

Possibly 110% wrong. Who buys wader boots and then complains that they let sand in when standing in swirling sand water.  Who interprets best or best performing or whatever as meaning won’t let sand in. It’s actually comical that as idiotic as that sounds there are still one or two who agrees with it. If a boot stops sand it would also o be impossible to get your foot in it. 

But, but the over hyped marketing language said it was the bestest ever! Why would they lie or exaggerate?

Edited by Drew C.

As consumers if we keep buying over priced garbage we will keep being sold overpriced garbage.  Simms waders are made here in the US. The premium price tag on everything else is nothing more then brand loyalty price gouging. Dont get me wrong looks like the sims boots uses brand names soles ect. But $300. I've got a pair of original Nike Air Jordens to sell cheap, 2K and their all yours. 

I say this a fellow sucker who just dropped stupid money on gear today. 

Edited by nfnDrum

12 mins ago, nfnDrum said:

As consumers if we keep buying over priced garbage we will keep being sold overpriced garbage.  Simms waders are made here in the US. The premium price tag on everything else is nothing more then brand loyalty price gouging. Dont get me wrong looks like the sims boots uses brand names soles ect. But $300. I've got a pair of original Nike Air Jordens to sell cheap, 2K and their all yours. 

I say this a fellow sucker who just dropped stupid money on gear today. 

Are you calling me a sucker?   Did I fall for the advertising.

Let's try this again

DURABILITY. PERFORMANCE. FIT.

The G4 Pro wading boot was engineered from the ground up to be the highest performing wading boot ever built. The perfect combination of durability and agility, the G4 Pro will provide season after season of comfortable, sure-footed wading.

Take a look at this video from their website - 

Simms' guide-quality G4 Pro wading boot provides the highest standard of fit, performance, and durability

Someone just needs to add Fresh-water to the end of this.   

11 mins ago, Goldy said:

Let's try this again

The G4 Pro wading boot was engineered from the ground up to be the highest performing wading boot ever built. The perfect combination of durability and agility, the G4 Pro will provide season after season of comfortable, sure-footed wading.

Simms' guide-quality G4 Pro wading boot provides the highest standard of fit, performance, and durability

As someone with years of marketing experience. YES you fell for their marketing bull **** and its not your fault. Notice what they say the burliest and tech boot "SIMMS" has ever made. Not ever made. Just the best Simms has ever made. Then they go into 3D molded yada yada. We'll you cant make a real item in 2D that would be paper and ink. Unfortunately its all BS marketing. They wet to the company that makes wading boots and handed them a design and picked out materials from the book of parts.  Asked them to use their design. This is the nature of business today. Cut and paste materials re branded for market.

I'm a firm believer in buy, try and return if it doesn't live up to the hype.

Edited by nfnDrum

2 mins ago, nfnDrum said:

As someone with years of marketing experience. YES you fell for their marketing bull **** and its not your fault. Notice what they say the burliest and tech boot "SIMMS" has ever made. Then they go into 3D molded yada yada. We'll you cant make real item in 2D that would be paper and ink. Unfortunately its all BS marketing. They wet to the company that makes wading boots and handed them a design and picked out materials from the book of parts.  Asked them to use their design. This is the nature of business today. Cut and paste materials re branded for market. 

Hook Line and Sinker me!

8 mins ago, Goldy said:

Hook Line and Sinker me!

We expect companies to be honest they aren't. To claim a fresh water stream or river isn't sandy is flat out disingenuous.

They look cool and Vibrim is a good selling point. Looks like a good boot that they missed a detail with. But "New" also means untested. I just bought a pair of Solomon GTX hikers for fishing and rainy days. Bought them from a company that claims satisfaction guarantee. Well guess what, if they are garbage they be hearing from me to guarantee my satisfaction. 

Edited by nfnDrum

10 hours ago, fishless said:

Ok let me restate......they claim its the "highest performing wading boot ever built".  Do you see anywhere where they say its intended for freshwater use as they stated in their response?  Do you seen anywhere that it says the other boot is intended for Saltwater use?  No, it says "highest performing wading boot ever built".  And then it should add the disclaimer FOR FRESHWATER.

And no I do not know of a wading boot that is not sand proof but that's not my point. 

as everyone knows that simms were originally made for fresh water wading . where do you find saltwater surf in Montana.:sarc:

15 hours ago, FTW401 said:

I don't care what anyone says about the BOA system. Yes, I have had to replace mine and I keep laces in the truck along with zip ties so if the problem happens on the water I have a solution to this issue (as you can probably guess I have had to use this trick in the past). With all that said, as I started this comment I will continue to use my BOA systems on the beach, rocks and anywhere else I happen to use waders to fish. I always use gravel guards when on the sand beaches but I do have to admit I mostly find myself in boulder fields or on hard structure so the problem may be much worse, and there for a differing opinion for other people who fish the sand beaches a lot. 

been fishing the beach for over 40 years I still have to find a way for sand not getting in my wading boot, so I started wearing crocs that sells beach model that doesn't build up sand in my shoe and the same save my tired feet.

Try a couple wraps of athletic tape around the laces and gap?  Easier to put on and take off than a second pair on neo socks.  Probably a good move for anybody fish soft sand in stocking foots.

13 hours ago, Goldy said:

Let's try this again

No one needs to add that, people need not to believe everything they see or hear. 

Stop whining and get some bootfoots. Simms has some good ones. 

On 11/24/2021 at 6:46 PM, Goldy said:

Let's try this again

But it is the "highest performing wading boot ever built:"  Just bc you have a complaint on one aspect of the performance doesn't mean it isn't the "highest performing wading boot ever built".