Slammer III

dleopoldi914

23 mins ago, Richizzzle said:

Probably my favorite reel for my 7-8 foot rods. Use the 4500 and i love it.

Caught yesterday on my 4500. She was safely released after she bent the hook on the bucktail I just tied :laugh:

Screenshot_20211123-111318_Gallery.jpg

Is it normal for a dish this size to bend a hook lol…..

I bent a hook on a kalin jig head yesterday on a 29 inch bass but pulling it through 5 knot current 

I bought a saragosa 6k to put on my avid inshore and it doesn’t cast right spins the lure. Went back to local tackle shop and looks like I have the old smaller guides……

I am seeing I can sell the gosa and get back to what I paid for it…..

Edited by dleopoldi914

I was at BPS (Foxboro) at 5am on Friday morning. I was the 1st one to the reel counter and asked for the Slammer 4500's (limit 5/person). They told me they only had two?

I said that the limit in the ad says 5 but the guy said that is all he has and the 5500 is $179 and he has only 28 of those.

SO, for a sale like that (discontinued or not) to advertise so publicly something that you neither have nor can get is, in my opinion very unethical.

Perhaps a ploy to get people to shop for other stuff once in the store? In any case, they lost face with me. 

The moral of the story is when slammer III’s go on sale for a $100.00 less be prepared to act and buy via internet. 

Just because a store only has 2 on hand does not mean they are being deceptive because there is a 5 per person limit. I’m sure that was for internet sales. You don’t expect them to advertise the quantity on hand at every specific store do you?  

9 hours ago, jason colby said:

I was at BPS (Foxboro) at 5am on Friday morning. I was the 1st one to the reel counter and asked for the Slammer 4500's (limit 5/person). They told me they only had two?

I said that the limit in the ad says 5 but the guy said that is all he has and the 5500 is $179 and he has only 28 of those.

SO, for a sale like that (discontinued or not) to advertise so publicly something that you neither have nor can get is, in my opinion very unethical.

Perhaps a ploy to get people to shop for other stuff once in the store? In any case, they lost face with me. 

So did you buy the 2 that they did have ?

On 11/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, jason colby said:

Been like this for the past few black fridays. I don't spend that time to do that anymore since you don't get anything that's advertised anywhere anymore. They are just trying to get people in the door.

4 hours ago, jason colby said:

Yes, and I did try to order them online but only the 5500's were available at $179 each.

I did not want or need the 5500's....

I did the same thing, walked into a Cabelas and after seeing the ad and they only had the 5500's. Walked out after them trying to get me to sign up for a credit card and ordered 2 4500's from the BPS website (I think only 5 were available).

My own fault for not checking before I left, but to be fair I looked all week for the deal online and couldn't find it so they must have published it either early Friday morning or late Thursday night.