Bigred78

Washing dry suit

15 posts in this topic

Wondering what you guys do to clean off your dry suit. Hosing mine off isn’t cutting it anymore and my basement reeks like striper lol. Anyone have any tips on getting rid of the fish smell

Gentle wash in a top loader with a natural non-chemical liquid soap, hang outside until the flies stop dying, spray outside with the waterproofing rejuvenator, silicon on the latex  :th:

put in in warm shower and use shampoo. This is what i do and it was recommended to me by manufacturer.

I hang it & hose it off a couple times a week during  the drysuit use season and hand wash it in a plastic bin at the end of the season with a capful of dishwashing liquid...... when all's said & done it gets stored in a gigantic zip lock type storage bag & hung in a cool, dark, dry area like in the back of the closet.

At the beginning of the season I replenish the DWR coating ... 

Pull it inside out and hang it outside if the interior needs airing. A top load machine could wrap a large garment like that tight around the agitator and cause damage

23 mins ago, cheech said:

Pull it inside out and hang it outside if the interior needs airing. A top load machine could wrap a large garment like that tight around the agitator and cause damage

:agree: 100% and that's the reason I hand wash my $800.00 dry suit in a plastic tub :)

12 hours ago, cheech said:

Meant front loader :dismay:

put it on all zipped up and wash yourself like a weirdo on the front lawn with a long handle brush and a bucket full of soapy water till its all clean.  make sure to scrub the crotch area furiously while making eye contact with anyone walking by.