AlwaysWading

Tough Toggin'

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mickrazz said:

And to think I was just going to pm you to see if you wanted my very rare and maybe the last one on the planet " hook holder" from jeros tackle. 

:wave:

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Melt it down and send the solidified puddle to Y.  It will be a two-fer.

Cruella D'Bumeff!

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

All those times on the Mimi.  Nobody even mentioned their dipsey. Maybe speaking of your dipsey in polite company is impolite?

Different rules on charter boats. :read: 

4 hours ago, Tom T said:

Different rules on charter boats. :read: 

I usually only went on the Mimi as an open boat.

"Hey Norma(K), what's a dipsey?"

"**** if I know, Slacker."

It's a vibe. The delicious and wavy ways of Dipsy Doodles will have you feeling laid back. Eat them clean or dip a Dipsy—honestly, they're down for whatever.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, Niffty said:

I was going to start a thread with this question, but I'll just give this convo some legs instead.  

What do you do when a big tog pulls you into the wreck?  I lost what felt like a PB this way the other day. It would have been my only keeper.  I didn't get a lot of bites.  Pulled a few of shorts, didn't miss much swinging, and came home with just a SB.  

So, I hook an obviously big fish.  Two cranks and it dives into a hole. I'm hung up.  I tried to let her swim me out by free spooling. Good news - she did. More good news - she didn't swim off with a hook in her.  Bad news - she swam off.  

What I think I learned:
1. Do not lose contact with the fish under any circumstances.  
2. Reel fast when you hook a big fish to prevent them from taking you into cover.

What are the tricks to get out of the hole fish intact? 

It's hard to say if you have the fish. Lots of times you feel the bite/pull and you swing. That's when your hook gets completely stuck in the structure few feet up. When you free spool, the sinkers drops back down or after a few togs the hook gets pulled loose and you get your rig back. Lots of time I feel that and never actually hooked the fish.