AlwaysWading

Tough Toggin'

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Tom T said:

Wrong. Again. 

I'm not from South Jersey?

What I showed you is not in fact a "dipsy sinker"?

23 mins ago, Slacker said:

And we do not call a bank sinker, a "dipsy".  In fact, we do not call any sinkers a "dipsy"... except for a dispy sinker.

Your lisp is showing 

Posted (edited) · Report post

36 mins ago, pakalolo said:

Drop shot

Speaking of drop shots, I found a fantastic sinker for that technique. The sinker has a small clip that you use to attach it to your line... it doesn't get tied on with a knot, it is just attached to the line via the friction of the clip.  Get hung and you just pull the line free and clip on another sinker.

Eliminates the potential for breaking off the rig at the dropshot hook knot when hung up.  And with the small weights used in drop shotting, who gives a rats ass about losing one.

Edited by Slacker

These dropshot weights, from the Bullet Weight Company, feature a high quality clip designed to hold the line without tying a knot and slipping off the rig when they get hung up without breaking off the hook. Then, all you have to do is clip on another weight and you're back to fishing without re-tying the whole rig. 

15 mins ago, Slacker said:

Speaking of drop shots, I found a fantastic sinker for that technique. The sinker has a small clip that you use to attach it to your line... it doesn't get tied on with a knot, it is just attached to the line via the friction of the clip.  Get hung and you just pull the line free and clip on another sinker.

Eliminates the potential for breaking off the rig at the dropshot hook knot when hung up.  And with the small weights used in drop shotting, who gives a rats ass about losing one.

Next time yer blackfishing try giving a little slack and rattling the crab without moving the sinker , same as drop shotting. Deadly

Just now, Slayer said:

I was gonna tell you he was right.........before he proved it.

Thank you for your support.