Bajda22

Center pin

21 posts in this topic

Good afternoon everyone was looking for advice or techniques to improving my casting abilities. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos but it doesn’t translate over to river when im fishing. Having trouble consistently making good casts. For example gets wrapped on the reel handle and or my off hand seems to interfering when making the cast

thanks in advance. 

17 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

Center pin reel is used on long rods to float for trouts 

And by long he means loooong. I’ve seen a lot of guys out there with 13 footers. 

7 hours ago, iwantmypie said:

And by long he means loooong. I’ve seen a lot of guys out there with 13 footers. 

im using a 10'6 salmon and steel head st. croix rod ultra light rod paired with an okuma shffield reel 8lbs main line dropped down to 6lbs than 4lbs.

8 hours ago, MAGA said:

Could you explain what is happening? Not sure I follow. Are you using a spinning reel or baitcasting? What type of fishing line?

center pin reel trying to learn the wallis cast (might have spelled that wrong lol) but line seem to not come off smoothly and gets wrapped up on my off hand or on the reel its self

8 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Interested in this.  Never saw on of these in action.  

its fun as hell when you hook up check out the on the water video on youtube with joe diorio idk if i spelled his last name right. if you search one the water farmington river it should come up 

1 hour ago, Bajda22 said:

its fun as hell when you hook up check out the on the water video on youtube with joe diorio idk if i spelled his last name right. if you search one the water farmington river it should come up 

Will do

On 12/2/2021 at 8:36 PM, MAGA said:

Could you explain what is happening? Not sure I follow. Are you using a spinning reel or baitcasting? What type of fishing line?

I think he said centerpin in the title but I could be wrong.