outercapetomtk

Broken through wire?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Bought a new lure from someone, was well packed but there’s a clicking, almost vibrating sound when I move or tilt the lure… very similar to the sound of internal weights hitting each other like in other plugs, but there’s an almost buzzy-ness to the tone of the sound that has me wondering if it’s possible I’m hearing a broken through wire? The plug is made of resin, FYI. Anyone have any experience with this? 

thanks.

4 hours ago, outercapetomtk said:

Bought a new lure from someone, was well packed but there’s a clicking, almost vibrating sound when I move or tilt the lure… very similar to the sound of internal weights hitting each other like in other plugs, but there’s an almost buzzy-ness to the tone of the sound that has me wondering if it’s possible I’m hearing a broken through wire? The plug is made of resin, FYI. Anyone have any experience with this? 

thanks.

Maybe the wire is loose and it's rattling against the resin body?

HH

Does it have belly holes and swivels, or wire loops as hook hangers?   If swivels, it might be that. Sound you describe sounds like a swivel squeezed through a tight or oblong hole. Like the walls of the hole hold the body and outer loop of the swivel secure, and inner loop (in contact with through wire) is just jiggling around free.  

5 hours ago, outercapetomtk said:

thanks.

Put up a picture 

7 hours ago, 1amson said:

Does it have belly holes and swivels, or wire loops as hook hangers?   If swivels, it might be that. Sound you describe sounds like a swivel squeezed through a tight or oblong hole. Like the walls of the hole hold the body and outer loop of the swivel secure, and inner loop (in contact with through wire) is just jiggling around free.  

That was my first thought. But as you can see no swivel. I reached out to the builder not sure if I’d get a response and he got right back to me, with a really thorough explanation about how it’s a rattle but instead of multiple ball bearings rattling together a couple rattle against the doubled-over through wire. Totally makes sense in that context.EA859067-A0C7-4735-9BE4-45DE155A9B72.jpeg.cb65bda529d22946430ff3b616be30aa.jpeg

14 mins ago, outercapetomtk said:

That was my first thought. But as you can see no swivel. I reached out to the builder not sure if I’d get a response and he got right back to me, with a really thorough explanation about how it’s a rattle but instead of multiple ball bearings rattling together a couple rattle against the doubled-over through wire. Totally makes sense in that context.EA859067-A0C7-4735-9BE4-45DE155A9B72.jpeg.cb65bda529d22946430ff3b616be30aa.jpeg

i like the lure.

who make that ?

what size ,weight,

suspending or sinking ?

7 hours ago, outercapetomtk said:

It looks like Mervs work from strategic angler.  If so, class act. 

On 11/21/2021 at 1:39 PM, outercapetomtk said:

Call the bomb squad..... 

The guy is a artist, true work of art... ;)

Who built it, and what is the length and weight of it?

If you plan to fish it. Make a couple loops of 100 pound mono and start pulling and yanking on it. Let us know how it holds up!

22 hours ago, Goldy said:

It looks like Mervs work from strategic angler.  If so, class act. 

Looked it up, it appears it's his Strategic Angler Cruiser