Joe Paranee

LOOKING FOR SPARE SPOOL FOR VAN STAAL C-VEX 7/8

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

point #1 - a post like this belongs in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum under the Fly Fishing BST sub-forum.

point#2 - not too long ago, I contacted VS on the availability of spare 12wt spools for the 10/12 CVex and they had them in stock - have you called them, since you are willing to pay a premium?

Ultimately, I ended up getting the 12wt of the new fly reel, for not much more than than a new CVex 12 wt spool, although I just looked at their site and they do not have any fly reels - did Pure Fishing drop the Fly reels when they bought VS from WC Bradley?

Thank you 

sorry for posting in wrong forum 

yes it is my understanding they have dropped them 

I have sent them an email and because they discontinued their fly reels I just ordered  a VF 8 HD at a discount. It seems most shops are discounting them to get them out the door 

hoping it serves me as well as my C/VEX has all these years 

178C9186-61E8-47F3-B539-5AE4EE87B05B.jpe
FE1C605F-EA47-4009-BF9F-E7689126087F.jpe

Edited by Joe Paranee

Seem that Pure Fishing always gives me a reasson to strongly dislike them - made-in-China ABU's, and now I have a VS fly reel, practically brand new, that I can never get serviced?  At least I bought VR's when I sold my VS's.  I was thinking of replacing them with VSB's but went with the VR's because my knees and back no longer want me to wade out to the bar - glad now that I went with the VR's..