reelfire

2022 F 350 Platnium

53 posts in this topic

Confirmation from Ford Kentucky truck plant today. Mon 11/22 our F350 with 7.3 L godzilla motor begins its build. This has been my dream truck since it was introduced in 2020. 

Rell, why the gasser instead of the diesel?  Just curious. I used to have the F250 Diesel.  LOVED it!!   Thing was a screamer!!

1 hour ago, JimP said:

Rell, why the gasser instead of the diesel?  Just curious. I used to have the F250 Diesel.  LOVED it!!   Thing was a screamer!!

Todays diesels are so emmision choked its not funny. While you still will get a easy 500k plus miles out of the diesel the emmision systems will be clogged up and need replacing before 100k miles. I was lucky enough to meet the guys from diesel brothers a while back. They said the emmision systrm rebuild for all 3 manufacturers would be north of 7k. 

There is so much bolted to the motor something as simple as an altenator replacement will be 3 hours of labor just to get to it.

The godzilla motor is plain and simple pushrod motor, no turbos. Hell open the hood and you can see the ground and has clearance to do all your maintenance. It produces 85 percent of the horsepower that the diesel does.  It lacks in torque but then Im in florida, its all flat here , no 14k ft mountain passes to climb . That being said go to TFL truck channel on youtube and youll see it pull 25k pounds over the ike pass out west , thats considered one of the toughest towing tests in country.

Diesel motor is 800 lbs heavier. 11k dollars more.  I can always buy a 2nd crate motor and still be 6 k ahead .

With 10 spd transmission I get a 15k lb tow rating. Boat we are looking at will be 12k with trailer. That gives me plenty of leeway for ice, water and fuel.

GOOD FOR YOU GOING WITH GAS -I HATE THAT CLACKING OF THE MOTOR-HIGHER GAS PRICES-EXTRA WEIGHT--I REMEMBER YEARS AGO IN 4 WHEELER MAGAZINE-IT SAID -LEAVE THE DIESELS TO THE 18 WHEELERS-GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRUCK--RREELMAN

3 hours ago, shokner said:

Good for you.  Are you able to negotiate on the price like in the past(ie $10k> off the MSRP), or was it MSRP or worse?

Below MSRP. Plus girlfriend gets Ford X plan employee discount. You have to pick your dealer correct 

2 hours ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Did you get it with the Tremor off road package?  I saw one at my dealership recently.  Looked awesome.

No because we wanted long bed for extra towing safety. Its basically going to be a boat hauler.