bobber

What’s new for fishing gloves?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Is there a “better” fishing glove on the market yet?  I’ve tried all the neoprene types and the fingerless wool gloves-  they all don’t work for me. They either don’t keep your hands warm or lose ALL sensitivity/dexterity 

any suggestions?

6 mins ago, poopdeck said:

All fishing gloves suck. A towel to dry hands and zippo hand warmers is the best I’ve found. 

true. don't believe those Amazon reviews that tell you the Stormr gloves are waterproof.

I wear the Kenai glacier gloves and for me, those have been better than the others.

I have had frost bite in some of my fingers years ago and they still get cold quickly at times.

I just bought a pair of wicking liners yesterday and will try a combo of both to see if that helps.

Like I have agreed with and said before.... all fishing gloves suck, and I have tried everything from the cheapies to the $80 waterproof, guaranteed, Gortex, breathable, blah blah blahs....

My solution is several pair ... a pair of warm Snow Board gloves for when I am running the boat or just walking, a couple pairs of wool gloves that are not too thick that I can fish with and they still hold a little heat when damp, and a pair of these that I picked up last year for when I know my hands are going to get soaked:

download.jpg.7a45bf9f8465b0e34f1a84d5bf22b436.jpg

They are AYGO Insulated Winter Work gloves... cost about $15 on Amazon, are 100% waterproof, have a thin fiber/acrylic lining that helps a little but like all latex/rubber gloves they are only OK at keeping the cold out.  The cuff strap helps a little, they are waterproof, and flexible enough to work with.. I found them last winter for my wife to wear while she was working on a rescue farm watering and feeding animals ... pretty good.... bought  couple pair for myself...

Edited by fmtuna

My go to fishing gloves are a pair from Dollar Tree that are a rubber coated work glove.. They are great for fishing because for a buck they are very functionable. They do the job. You can grab a fish with out getting your hands wet.. Buy the way they went up in price, they went from a buck to a buck and a quarter..

Have yet to find fishing gloves that work for me.  My solution.....3 Hot Hands in each pocket and alternate hands in pockets.  Downside, it gets expensive.  I buy a case which lasts awhile.  

Edited by Frede
spelling

For running in a boat try commercial fishermens waterproof gloves - heavy blue vinyl , sheepskin like liner and  go above wrist.

For fishin where you are not “swimming” try hunters shooting gloves. Some waterproof some not but Dicks has a bunch of not too expensive choices. I usually carry two pairs so if they get a little wet I can change out.  They all have a good smooth index finger coating or smooth nylon piece that is great when casting.  There are waterproof hunting gloves but maybe too costly.  

On 11/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, bobber said:

Is there a “better” fishing glove on the market yet?

Hockey tape. It works better, lasts longer and it's dirt cheap.  :)

However, when the temps get in the 30s. I love the Simms cold weather fishing gloves that fold back the finger & thumb coverings when you need to do something like tie on a new leader or change lures.

20211122_144323.jpg.4f25e077129f52278124b5efe9fc2c14.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

When I fish in the late fall, winter, and early Spring, I bring hand-warmers with me. If your hands get wet, they are gonna get very cold at some point. This doesn't answer your question, which is one I also thought about asking the forum, but maybe it helps when the gloves don't satisfy. 

I have had the same problem findings gloves that do a good enough job of keeping your hands warm while also providing the mobility needed.  I bought a number of different kinds over the year and have found golf/baseball gloves seem to work best for me.  They keep my hands warm enough while still allowing me the mobility needed to still fish, change lures, etc.

I use a cheap pair of Head gloves from costco when its not real cold and just try not to get them wet.  Once it drops into the low 30s and below I will usually use my Kast gloves.  They stay dry and warm. Honestly though what works best for me is keeping my core warm.  The warmer my body stays the warmer my hand stay.