gray gables

Prime rib prices,

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Market basket just quoted me a price for a boneless prime cut prime rib for 15 people. He said expect it to be around 350-375$. Might be pbj sandwiches for Christmas dinner this year. 

2 hours ago, gray gables said:

Market basket just quoted me a price for a boneless prime cut prime rib for 15 people. He said expect it to be around 350-375$. Might be pbj sandwiches for Christmas dinner this year. 

I got a Prime grade prime rib w/bone from ShopRite last Christmas at $7.99/lb., a "special". I spoke with the butcher as to how I wanted it cut. It was delicious! No need to be spending $+300, IMO, and I won't, if come this Christmas dinner planning, I would need to spend over $9.99/lb. for Prime rib roast, Prime grade, that is. ShopRite usually comes through the week before Christmas so check their prices and, hopefully, your family won't be eating PBJ for Xmas dinner!

44 mins ago, flysully said:

I got a Prime grade prime rib w/bone from ShopRite last Christmas at $7.99/lb., a "special". I spoke with the butcher as to how I wanted it cut. It was delicious! No need to be spending $+300, IMO, and I won't, if come this Christmas dinner planning, I would need to spend over $9.99/lb. for Prime rib roast, Prime grade, that is. ShopRite usually comes through the week before Christmas so check their prices and, hopefully, your family won't be eating PBJ for Xmas dinner!

Bone in prime rib is currently at 20$ a lb. 

On 11/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, flysully said:

After rereading my post, I realized that ShopRite, last Christmas for shoppers, did offer a "digital coupon" giving $2 off per pound off their Prime grade prime rib roasts and that's how I was able to get our delicious Prime grade prime rib roast for $7.99/lb. I know it seems outrageous but it's the truth. If you have a ShopRite near you, be sure to check their Christmas shoppers' circular. 

Edited by flysully

24 mins ago, flysully said:

After rereading my post, I realized that ShopRite, last Christmas for shoppers, did offer a "digital coupon" giving $2 off per pound off their Prime grade prime rib roasts and that's how I was able to get our delicious Prime grade prime rib roast for $7.99/lb. I know it seems outrageous but it's the truth. If you have a ShopRite near you, be sure to check their Christmas shoppers' circular. 

I’m in NH. 

59 mins ago, vce12342000 said:

even costco beef prices increased 40%. Used to get a 3 pack of rib eyes for $45.00. now its almost $75.00 .....:cry:

Yup, my aunt told me that. Still cheaper than going out to eat. There rib eyes were thick and delicious.  

16 mins ago, gray gables said:

Yup, my aunt told me that. Still cheaper than going out to eat. There rib eyes were thick and delicious.  

yep. I dont do many restaurants for beef anymore. Been doing sous vide cooking. Best beef is cooking it yourself your way. Its the best way :drool:  

20190130_165634.jpg

20190103_201358.jpg

20190130_223239.jpg

20181227_161308.jpg

4 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

yep. I dont do many restaurants for beef anymore. Been doing sous vide cooking. Best beef is cooking it yourself your way. Its the best way :drool:  

20190130_165634.jpg

20190103_201358.jpg

20190130_223239.jpg

20181227_161308.jpg

wow that looks delicious,