Angler #1

Peters Pond will now

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

be a little safer and quieter after Sandwich Town meeting voted to not allow jet skies and such from using the Great Pond any more for such activity. This should also help to improve  conditions on the water for those who swim, fish, use small boats and just plain want to enjoy the Great Pond for what it is.  Peace and Prayers

28 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

be a little safer and quieter after Sandwich Town meeting voted to not allow jet skies and such from using the Great Pond any more for such activity. 

.........and I say, an Amen to that. 

The people have spoken.  Saner voices have prevailed and nipped the thought of allowing these noisy watercraft unfettered access over this peaceful, tranquil body of water. 

25 mins ago, gregwa said:

Is there a size restriction on outboards ?

I do not know if they restrict how many horses. I do see boats that use the pond to clean off there boats when they go out in the Salt water ?     Peace and Prayers

1 min ago, Joe G said:

.........and I say, an Amen to that. 

The people have spoken.  Saner voices have prevailed and nipped the thought of allowing these noisy watercraft unfettered access over this peaceful, tranquil body of water. 

As I stated last night the majority of users in this Great Pond will ultimately benefit from this move along with improving the condition of the Pond  and not having all of this activity stirring up the water conditions  for those others who are using it for what ever reason. Long overdue as it has progressively gotten worst over these past number of years by some non caring folks   Peace and Prayers

14 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

....... Long overdue as it has progressively gotten worst over these past number of years by some non caring folks   Peace and Prayers

It's the old saying, Carl. 

Give 'em an inch and they'll take a yard.

Best slap some hot iron to it early on before it becomes uncontrollable.

What next, ban motorcycles from Sandwich streets.............To be fair to everyone ban engines completely and then listen to the residents whine..............

40 mins ago, b-ware said:

What next, ban motorcycles from Sandwich streets.............To be fair to everyone ban engines completely and then listen to the residents whine..............

29 mins ago, gregwa said:

Don't really see the point of stopping jet skiers if someone can still bark around towing a water skier with a 125hp motor

In order to be equitable, eventually the town may want to consider horsepower restrictions.  Similar to those at Quabbin.  A small boat with a 125hp outboard is about as disruptive as a jetski.

2 hours ago, gregwa said:

Is there a size restriction on outboards ?

Sandwich does not have any restrictions on Horse power for motors. Peace and Prayers

20 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

I do not know if they restrict how many horses. I do see boats that use the pond to clean off there boats when they go out in the Salt water ?     Peace and Prayers

Dingbats. All that extra work trailering there, launching, steaming around, putting back on the trailer, then driving again. Wouldn’t it be easier to hook earmuffs to the engine in the driveway? 

I'll just say as an angler, generally jetski'ers and anglers do not mix.

If a jetski angler wants to catch fish, then he'll know not to be a dink to other anglers.

....IMHO ....most jetski'er are absolutely clueless to anglers both on the sweet and the brine.   

I'm kinda happy about this and wish the state takes a look at big bass boats on  ridiculously small ponds and 

lakes in Massholia.