Sudsy

What are these Renzetti/Clemens parts worth ?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 spool thread, updated by Dick French and never used

3 sizes of Crusenberry Mandrels

Not entirely sure I want to sell them but knowing the value would help the decision of whether or not to put them on the BST

I'll be damned if I can find any for sale online anywhere

20211112_211437.jpg.ac5ab2b7e6e266e5506c8834527fa0a4.jpg618f21b330193_ClemensthreadcarriageDickFrenchpost.PNG.ffebfc686d7e9e627faed9a99ce6b841.PNG618f21b442b60_CrusenberryMandrels.PNG.8234b1766a1ee9078feaf20595e48fb2.PNG

Edited by Sudsy

I'm still using mine after 40+ years of building.  I actually have two, the second is set up just for metallic threads.  

I tweaked mine by upgrading my thread tension springs and added longer spool rods to accommodate bigger spools. However, unless someone has an older Clemens or Renzetti lathe it will be difficult to sell.

I must have a newer version of the lathe.  I've been building rods for at least 35 years.  Can't even remember what I paid for the original.  The thread holders are parallel to the base rather than vertical and the thread guides are plastic rollers.  The thread tension device is on the base.  The thread holders hold the larger spools. To answer your question I have no idea of their value, or if they even have any.

2 hours ago, Philly said:

I must have a newer version of the lathe.  I've been building rods for at least 35 years.  Can't even remember what I paid for the original.  The thread holders are parallel to the base rather than vertical and the thread guides are plastic rollers.  The thread tension device is on the base.  The thread holders hold the larger spools. To answer your question I have no idea of their value, or if they even have any.

That's what this was until Dick upgraded it

Check the current prices on the Renzetti site to get some ideas.  Plenty of prospects out there. GLWS

Posted (edited)

On 11/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, Sudsy said:

8 spool thread, updated by Dick French and never used

3 sizes of Crusenberry Mandrels

If you want to sell the thread carriage let me know, I can find someone who will pay for it with no hassle. $100 is a fair price, although you can probably get more if you tried hard. I have bought about 20 Clemens/Renzetti lathes for The NERBs guys, it'll take me less than an hour to find a buyer for you, and I want nothing at all. Let me know if you want to go this route

The mandrels are not worth anything. They were designed to expand and hold the blank from teh inside. I never used them, but I understand they would split the blanks if they were thin walled to tightened too much. I think you could try to sell these as something to make a butt cap with, but I'm not sure.

82125443_3101593303192626_4214536255196626944_n.jpg

Edited by Billy 40

Posted (edited)

On 11/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, Al Goldberg said:

I'm still using mine after 40+ years of building.  I actually have two, the second is set up just for metallic threads.  

I tweaked mine by upgrading my thread tension springs and added longer spool rods to accommodate bigger spools. However, unless someone has an older Clemens or Renzetti lathe it will be difficult to sell.

Still use mine all the time.Adapted the 2 spool carraige from Clemens to accept the bulk spools by shaving old styrofoam thread spools to fit the inside of the bulk spool.Then used spinner bait wire to make a parallel to the spool guide and another in the center above to put the thread through the tensioner.I still have the mandrels too.But, never use them[didn't like the design and afraid to split the blank].Had a machined piece of round aluminum stock 8" long down to a point to fit in the head[From old Rod Builders Workshop in Kingston Ma.][Smitty owner& Percy who machined the stock].To insert into the blank.

Edited by theshadow

Billy, thanks for the offer, maybe someday I'll take you up on that

This was more of a question for insurance purposes, we're doing a home inventory - learning that we are terribly underinsured for contents. (not that an insurance company wouldn't find a way to screw you anyway)