MaxKatt

Why cotton candy / wonder bread patterns work so well.

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

42 mins ago, MaxKatt said:

It's all match the hatch.   :p

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.58.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.59.04 PM.png

A seagull got a half and half on the last Nor'easter up my way. 

My first experience using a Cotton Candy plug was during the mid 1980's with the Bomber 16a. Early versions had muted secondary colors over pearl white. It became one of my go-to's. Then it happened, the change, new version with brighter color splashes. NG, my catch ratio dropped, so what did I do, used sand paper attempting to dull it. Didn't work, it wasn't the color it was the new style lure (no screweye). The originals swam with a wider swing, proving little things made the difference.

It’s the same story with blurple and bone. People talk em up, and everyone goes out and buys them. And through sheer numbers, fish get caught, and the legend gets born.

1 hour ago, cheech said:

It’s the same story with blurple and bone. People talk em up, and everyone goes out and buys them. And through sheer numbers, fish get caught, and the legend gets born.

True statement.  I got all sorts of colors.  Delicious to eyes of a fisherman, eventually delicious to a fish at some point.

With this color pattern being "rare" in the wild, it is not the reason why the color pattern works.  Perhaps it's the "lure", as well as, the fisherman? :howdy:

20 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

With this color pattern being "rare" in the wild, it is not the reason why the color pattern works.  Perhaps it's the "lure", as well as, the fisherman? :howdy:

the pearl and rainbow colors makes it look like a color of the scale flashing

10 mins ago, sandworm said:

the pearl and rainbow colors makes it look like a color of the scale flashing

Ahh....but this is yet another and distinct color..........

4 hours ago, cheech said:

spot on

chartreuse perhaps being one of the broadest and most extreme cases with a run for decades

tackle company's marketing and sales jackpot