bob_G

West end outfall pipe issue still looms

Rate this topic

338 posts in this topic

How many people here actually know what happens when you flush your toilet?

If you know where it goes initially, where does it go after treatment?

There are certain realities that come with indoor plumbing. Discharge of treated water is one of them. 

14 mins ago, ged said:

How many people here actually know what happens when you flush your toilet?

If you know where it goes initially, where does it go after treatment?

There are certain realities that come with indoor plumbing. Discharge of treated water is one of them. 

in a typical Title 5, system the solids and the oil and grease stay in the tank,  everything else goes into the ground and eventually the groundwater. 

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

Excellent point Joe. That never occurred to me.

........and that is why it's so vitally important for all Bourne to hold together  and nip this whole MMA discharge idea in the bud, Bob.

If you lose the battle on this one Bob, you've lost the war, 'cause it'll make it all that much easier for Joint Base to argue for dumping its waste into the canal.   

It's not like there are no alternatives to the MMA discharge.  There are.  They been mentioned.

Dump that Wareham wastewater out near Cleveland Ledge.  Or.....dump it somewhere north of Wareham in an appropriate land mass.

29 mins ago, bob_G said:

I love when people who live miles away from the coast,  and have little to know shellfish experience aside from eating them, tell us what a great opportunity this is for our town. All their knowledge is based on something they read in an article.

:point:

.......and it is important to recognize that so called "scientific article" was commissioned and funded by the those who propose the outflow pipe discharge in the canal at MMA.

'Nuff said.   Intelligent folks will recognize the inherent conflict of interest and obvious lack of independence.  

3 mins ago, Joe G said:

.......and it is important to recognize that so called "scientific article" was commissioned and funded by the those who propose the outflow pipe discharge in the canal at MMA.

'Nuff said.   Intelligent folks will recognize the inherent conflict of interest and obvious lack of independence.  

Which facts do you dispute?

What source of data are you using to dispute them?

1 min ago, mikez2 said:

You're being funny, right?

Only stating what has already been reported.

The other alternative is Cleveland Ledge. 

27 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Which facts do you dispute?

What source of data are you using to dispute them?

Whether folks agree or disagree with the article be aware of the following.

32 mins ago, Joe G said:

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

I love when people who live miles away from the coast,  and have little to know shellfish experience aside from eating them, tell us what a great opportunity this is for our town. All their knowledge is based on something they read in an article.

:point:

Why are you so hung up on me not living in Bourne? Why does that make my fact based opinion any less valuable then your non-fact based opinion? If anything, your opinion should be highly scrutinized; the amount of bias present due to you being both a resident of Bourne and a former shellfisherman oooooooozes from every post you make.

All my knowledge is based on a decade and a half of education and professional experience directly related to these sort of situation, but thanks for assuming.

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

CCT, Cape News, Save the Cape Cod Canal Coalition.

So you refuse to accept the data presented by scientists  from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (the "so called" scientific article), but you take the word of these 3.

Got it.

1 hour ago, MrJingles said:

Why are you so hung up on me not living in Bourne? Why does that make my fact based opinion any less valuable then your non-fact based opinion? If anything, your opinion should be highly scrutinized; the amount of bias present due to you being both a resident of Bourne and a former shellfisherman oooooooozes from every post you make.

All my knowledge is based on a decade and a half of education and professional experience directly related to these sort of situation, but thanks for assuming.

Well you gotta admit, the biologists and physicists at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute that wrote that article can't be expected to know as much as a retired shellfish digger.

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

Excellent point Joe. That never occurred to me.

Bob. I’m hearing the Cleveland Ledge alternative outfall site idea is seriously being considered now. 

Was told there was some chatter about same at the meeting. 

What if anything have you heard in this regard?  

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

........and that is why it's so vitally important for all Bourne to hold together  and nip this whole MMA discharge idea in the bud, Bob.

If you lose the battle on this one Bob, you've lost the war, 'cause it'll make it all that much easier for Joint Base to argue for dumping its waste into the canal.   

It's not like there are no alternatives to the MMA discharge.  There are.  They been mentioned.

Dump that Wareham wastewater out near Cleveland Ledge.  Or.....dump it somewhere north of Wareham in an appropriate land mass.

How big of a land mass is needed to dump 10,000,000 gallons a day? Did someone actually suggest that as an alternative at the meeting? Were they laughed out of the room?