bob_G

West end outfall pipe issue still looms

Rate this topic

338 posts in this topic

Just a reminder……..7 PM tonite, …….Bourne High School.

 

Sources say a large number of residents  will turnout and vote YES.  
 

Bob g……are you and the bride planning to attend and vote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, Joe G said:

Just a reminder……..7 PM tonite, …….Bourne High School.

 

Sources say a large number of residents  will turnout and vote YES.  
 

Bob g……are you and the bride planning to attend and vote?

7pm?  Oh boy, I don't know?  That's when Wheel of Fortune is on. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, bob_G said:

7pm?  Oh boy, I don't know?  That's when Wheel of Fortune is on. :laugh:

 

That's some what of a cavalier attitude for this important NIMBY issue, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

That's some what of a cavalier attitude for this important NIMBY issue, yes?

Yea, I guess. But it's such a long drive to the high school. :violin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Yea, I guess. But it's such a long drive to the high school. :violin:

 

......and a portion of it is uphill.

 

Has Uber or Lyft come to Bourne yet?  Perhaps you can use them. 

 

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

All those people. Those folding chairs aren't very comfortable.  What if I have to speak?  As you know Joe, I'm rather bashful.

 

Bashful?  Balderdash!

 

Have no fear, they will not ask you to speak.  After voicing certain salty comments last year,  it's a wonder your not deemed persona non grata by town officials. 

 

You shamed not only yourself, but more importantly the family name and standing we enjoyed in the community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikez2 said:

I've got nothing further to say on the subject. 

 

Don't blame you. It's not like we had a thread posted on this a month ago, where several environmental professionals and wastewater operators chimed in, with sources cited, that this is absolutely a non-factor...Only to have a new post pop up ignoring everything that was said and spreading the same BS propaganda that originated in the first thread....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe G said:

 

You shamed not only yourself, but more importantly the family name and standing we enjoyed in the community. 

:point:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone answer me this,  Bourne built a multi million dollar police facility up on the cut-off road with no sanitary hook up meaning this Taj Mahal has no sewerage service and no septic facilities.  Has this changed ??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Can someone answer me this,  Bourne built a multi million dollar police facility up on the cut-off road with no sanitary hook up meaning this Taj Mahal has no sewerage service and no septic facilities.  Has this changed ??????

That's because people of Bourne poop ice cream.

Edited by bob_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Joe G said:

Just a reminder……..7 PM tonite, …….Bourne High School.

 

Sources say a large number of residents  will turnout and vote YES.  
 

Bob g……are you and the bride planning to attend and vote?

Joe your sources were right on . Bourne town meeting voted overwhelmingly against allowing any discharge into the Cape Cod Canal only a few in attendance voted for it. This mornings Cape Cod News . Peace and Prayers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Joe your sources were right on . Bourne town meeting voted overwhelmingly against allowing any discharge into the Cape Cod Canal only a few in attendance voted for it. This mornings Cape Cod News . Peace and Prayers

Well, it was overwhelmingly voted down.  But from where I sat, I was really surprised at how many people were there in support of the pipe.

I was prepared to speak, but the moderator shut down any more public input. 

So far, a win for the canal and Buzzards Bay. However, the problem is still there. What will become of all the wastewater and nitrogen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Joe your sources were right on . Bourne town meeting voted overwhelmingly against allowing any discharge into the Cape Cod Canal 

 

21 mins ago, bob_G said:

Well, it was overwhelmingly voted down.  

 

Thanks, I figured as much.    

 

Gotta step back here......remember, it's a non-binding resolution....so the coalitions work is not finished.....more work must be done and the pressure must be applied where ever necessary.  

 

I find it difficult to understand why the minority voted no.  Just on general principles alone, why in the world would you vote to have this outflow in your back yard as opposed to someone else's back yard? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.