bob_G

West end outfall pipe issue still looms

Rate this topic

338 posts in this topic

I have no dog in this fight, just an interested observer. But they say "Alternatives abound" at the end of the flyer. Such as? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, bdowning said:

....I have no dog in this fight, just an interested observer. But they say "Alternatives abound" at the end of the flyer. Such as? 

 

Skip Barlow proposed that the new outfall pipe should terminate at Cleveland Ledge, not at the MMA.  

 

Also, it was suggested that Wareham build a larger facility to handle the wastewater. i.e., keep it in Wareham.

 

I understand that Skip fell off a ladder at Aptuxet a few weeks back.  Unsure how badly he was hurt, but he was instrumental in pushing this Save Cape Cod Canal coalition forward.   His absence would put a big hurt on the effort to stop the new MMA outfall.  

 

  

Edited by Joe G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so depressing to see the misleading scare tactics in that flyer designed to alarm uninformed people who won't put in the effort to learn the basics.

 

That's all I'll say this go round. 

Other than I sympathize with the engineers that will be forced to waste so much time and effort trying to needlessly explain these red herring to people who won't be listening anyway.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

Skip Barlow proposed that the new outfall pipe should terminate at Cleveland Ledge, not at the MMA.  

 

Also, it was suggested that Wareham build a larger facility to handle the wastewater. i.e., keep it in Wareham.

 

I understand that Skip fell off a ladder at Aptuxet a few weeks back.  Unsure how badly he was hurt, but he was instrumental in pushing this Save Cape Cod Canal coalition forward.   His absence would put a big hurt on the effort to stop the new MMA outfall.  

 

  

Always keep in mind a lot of "Wareham's wastewater" comes from Bourne.   where do you think MMA discharges theirs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, mikez2 said:

It's so depressing to see the misleading scare tactics in that flyer designed to alarm uninformed people who won't put in the effort to learn the basics.

 

That's all I'll say this go round. 

Other than I sympathize with the engineers that will be forced to waste so much time and effort trying to needlessly explain these red herring to people who won't be listening anyway.

 

 

right, kinda like the scare tactics that anti vaxers use about Covid-19 vaccines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, bdowning said:

I have no dog in this fight, just an interested observer. But they say "Alternatives abound" at the end of the flyer. Such as? 

There are no alternatives except for moving the pipe somewhere else. The waste water needs to be dumped in a river or ocean somewhere. The canals fast moving water seems as good a place as any to dump into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

right, kinda like the scare tactics that anti vaxers use about Covid-19 vaccines.

That was the exact anology I wanted to use.

Something about "my cousin' friend's brother in Argentina got swollen balls from an outflow pipe".

But I'm really working on saying less whenever possible. Always working to improve myself.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

Always keep in mind a lot of "Wareham's wastewater" comes from Bourne.   where do you think MMA discharges theirs ?

 

Yes, I'm aware of that....but only Buzzards Bay, Hideaway Village and Taylor's Point waste water goes to the Wareham treatment plant. 

 

And yes, MMA discharges its treated waste water into the canal.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bob_G said:

This hearing should be interesting.

 

Bob, I'm unsure how you will vote.  However my gut tells me that the YES votes will outnumber the NO votes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

Skip Barlow proposed that the new outfall pipe should terminate at Cleveland Ledge, not at the MMA.  

 

Also, it was suggested that Wareham build a larger facility to handle the wastewater. i.e., keep it in Wareham.

 

I understand that Skip fell off a ladder at Aptuxet a few weeks back.  Unsure how badly he was hurt, but he was instrumental in pushing this Save Cape Cod Canal coalition forward.   His absence would put a big hurt on the effort to stop the new MMA outfall.  

 

  

Joe Skip Barlow is a prime mover and shaker in many areas of Bourne among which is keeping history alive and well in the town. He fell off a ladder as you mention installing windows in the Old Trading post near some good places to fish along the canal. The fall has put him in the hospital with a multitude of medical issues broken bones among them . He was placed in a critical care unit and I read that he plans on addressing town meeting from there when his proposal is read from town meeting floor from the hospital . From all of the damage he underwent from the fall it is amazing he is still moving . Peace and Prayers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really this simple. 


Come Nov. 15, do Bourne residents want to see this proposed outflow pipe located in an area other than in the Cape Cod Canal. 
 

A simple yes or no. 

 

7745041F-0745-4AC1-9DF1-691ACA597411.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's time to take a step or two back, rip out the cranberries from the bogs and plant rice instead and fertilize it with..........................

 

It's worked for thousands of years in other parts of the world, maybe it will keep everyone happy in Bourne..........................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The waste  water dumps out into the Wareham river.  Which empties out near little harbor. Then out from the area at the end of the spit, cape cod canal.  Pretty close to the MMA.  Seems to me it’s just bypassing the Wareham river and all the waterway in Wareham.  In that Harbour are several oyster farms. One is very near Tobey hospital If it hasn’t caused any problems inside that enclosed area, what’s it really going to do out in the canal ?   Look at the area on google earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.