Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Fished O C 12 to 3, not much going on… until a large school of peanuts passing through and some fish feeding.  It only lasted about 30 minutes, and it was true New Jersey combat fishing.  Started out with about 6 to 8 guys fishing, within minutes 40 to 50 crazed blitz storm troopers, boots, poles and plugs flying.  Lines crossing, all kinds of   tangled up plugs ….  And not one casualty!   I should have made a video, but we had to protect the innocent.  

OC hours before sunset - and the silliness continues. Fishing all by myself until a school of peanuts came along. Suddenly surrounded on all sides. Someone cast a talkin' popper with a teaser practically over my shoulder. Definitely don't enjoy treble hooks swinging 10 feet from me. Complete madness. Of course lines were crossed. I think I saw somebody casting a popper on a Duckett Ghost.

Edited by MAGA

5 mins ago, MAGA said:

OC hours before sunset - and the silliness continues. Fishing all by myself until a school of peanuts came along. Suddenly surrounded on all sides. Someone cast a talkin' popper with a teaser practically over my shoulder. Definitely don't enjoy treble hooks swinging 10 feet from me. Complete madness. Of course lines were crossed. I think I saw somebody casting a popper on a Duckett Ghost.

Thank God this holiday weekend is over!

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

5 mins ago, JimK said:

Thank God this holiday weekend is over!

Yea man….the tides are still doable for the working man. 
The other night a minivan from New York full and I mean full of googs came out and lit the beach up…….You know me Jim I was literally shaking. 

:ginzo:

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

29 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

The other night a minivan from New York full and I mean full of googs came out and lit the beach up…….You know me Jim I was literally shaking. 

Lucky for them you're an old grandpa now:bucktooth:

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

MC out front 2-4pm.  Same place and time as yesterday where I found a blitz.  Today I found no life in the surf.  Birds were relaxing on the beach.  Walked a mile north, ran into a seal and turned around back south.  Not a single tap on a few trusty lures.  I’ve moved south for the morning.  Temped to go out now or even later tonight…

Nothing but the skunk. Fished yesterday am and back out for a bit in the afternoon. Tried again this morning and afternoon. Good conditions. Had some brief peanuts blowing up in front or near me. Nothing. Saw a few fish caught. You’re either lucky to have the bass right in front of your or not. The tackle shop reports in seaside are mostly  BS. Must be nice to be able to get out whenever you want.  FML..

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

Decided on OC today, fished 530-530, bounced around all over the place. Early in the day was really tough getting on something, lit up as soon as high tide hit. Couple of keepers mixed in. All on a white buck tail. Man I always forget how frustrated I get when people drive around in their trucks waiting to see a bent rod to hop out and mug you. Is it even fishing at that point? Lol But that’s OC for ya. 

Out front, MOCO from around 10 to 4.  Saw a lot of boats and bird action mostly a few hundred yards out.  Every once in a while, some bait would come close to the beach, but didn't see any blitzing fish.  Early on, saw some loons with what looked like sand eels in their beaks, so I stuck with a chartreuse/white half-and-half fly and hooked up.  After a nice solid surge, fish was gone.  When I reeled in, I noticed the loop I use to tie the fly on was cut (not a failed knot), so I'm guessing it may have been a bluefish.  Moved around to keep the birds and boats in sight, just in case.  A couple of hours later, hooked and landed a nice chunky 21" schoolie on the same type fly.  Didn't see anyone else catch anything, although a couple of guys did say they caught earlier.

3 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

OK good, they are in joisey now. :laugh:   

• Sudsy locked this topic