Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Finally shook of the skunk yesterday afternoon. Had the beach, bunker, and bass all to myself for a solid hour right before sunset. Managed to get 8 all between 24-28 inches. Was cool as hell watching the bass ride the waves in sucking in 6 inch bunker….Happy Turkey day!

A lullaby the breezes whisper...... RIP BREWROOM

Mid morning, out front, MoCo. Front came through, with last shot of rain, and winds really picked up. Flat ocean, with limited wave action. Broke the skunk with a shorty, on a wonderbread. Had to leave to transport the wife, just as things were looking promising. Fish busting just out of casting range, even with the hard NW wind. Had a good feeling that they might move closer. Couple of guys near me had the same feeling and were staying. Hope they were right. Heavy bird action quite a ways out and only one boat on it. Couldn't see if he hooked up. Not sure when I'll get back out. Hope to try toward dusk.

fished 9:30 -noon today. Fish were there when I got there on peanuts. maybe 6 guys spread out before the crowd. got a bunch on topwaters a few on a small yozuri bunker looking lure. I saw probably a dozen keepers with a couple close to 15lbs. Later on it was mostly small fish under 26 and they weren't hitting top water.About time .

Managed to sneak away from the fam for a morning shot, NoMoCo 6-11.  

As reported, limited wind and rain and relatively flat surf.  Very comfortable.  hit a couple spots, good number of people out.  Threw the blurple sp and poppers in the dark and at dawn at the first spot, nothing.  2nd spot I stumbled a mini blitz on adult bunker and peanuts.  Threw a talkin popper, cordell pencil, spook, ava, bucktail, and SP, nothing.  The only thing they wanted was a 5 inch bunker pattern storm shad.  4 hits, one fish landed, 26.5” for a new PB.  Nothing crazy but feels good, gotta work on my picture game, I wasted time getting out my tape measure and wanted to get the fish back in the water quickly.  Saw around 6 other fish caught, mostly on soft plastics or avas, similar size with maybe one keeper.  Bite died a little while later as the wind started to pick up, checked out a few other spots, but didn’t see any other bait or bass.

0DC37499-6D51-4BF7-A583-AE8286C083B1.jpeg

Tins=Wins

I see a lot of high end reels being used nowadays by surfcasters who look like they will never get close enough to dunk it which reminds me of an old story. Back in the day diawa had a good reel with the best model topping out at like 300.00. No van stalls etc. There were about 6 or 7 of us on the manasquan jetty lamenting the conditions and no fish. We saw a fisherman with the reel and an older gentleman at the time says wow! thats nice, how much? upon hearing 300.00 he says"I've caught no fish on reels that are a lot cheaper than that! I thought it was pretty dam funny and the reel owner didn't know what to say.

25 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

I see a lot of high end reels being used nowadays by surfcasters who look like they will never get close enough to dunk it which reminds me of an old story. Back in the day diawa had a good reel with the best model topping out at like 300.00. No van stalls etc. There were about 6 or 7 of us on the manasquan jetty lamenting the conditions and no fish. We saw a fisherman with the reel and an older gentleman at the time says wow! thats nice, how much? upon hearing 300.00 he says"I've caught no fish on reels that are a lot cheaper than that! I thought it was pretty dam funny and the reel owner didn't know what to say.

Lol that is funny. 

1 hour ago, loubert said:

Managed to sneak away from the fam for a morning shot, NoMoCo 6-11.  

As reported, limited wind and rain and relatively flat surf.  Very comfortable.  hit a couple spots, good number of people out.  Threw the blurple sp and poppers in the dark and at dawn at the first spot, nothing.  2nd spot I stumbled a mini blitz on adult bunker and peanuts.  Threw a talkin popper, cordell pencil, spook, ava, bucktail, and SP, nothing.  The only thing they wanted was a 5 inch bunker pattern storm shad.  4 hits, one fish landed, 26.5” for a new PB.  Nothing crazy but feels good, gotta work on my picture game, I wasted time getting out my tape measure and wanted to get the fish back in the water quickly.  Saw around 6 other fish caught, mostly on soft plastics or avas, similar size with maybe one keeper.  Bite died a little while later as the wind started to pick up, checked out a few other spots, but didn’t see any other bait or bass.

0DC37499-6D51-4BF7-A583-AE8286C083B1.jpeg

That fish is a professional soldier. Look at the holes in his face. 

Last Fall or the one prior, almost all the stripers I pulled in were this size and with many holes - some fresh, some half healed and some now mostly just scar tissue. Maybe we are doing better with C&R. 

F871FCF5-1DE5-4EE5-8E21-B42FA308338E.jpeg

Edited by EricDice
Hopeful C&R addition

I am just thinking out loud but the last two I caught were in a narrow spot with structure and current. They took the hook from the pink paddletail in the bottom of the mouth several inches behind the jaw. I think they hit on the drop from above. (Probably too heavy an offering.)

I’ve never caught a striper over 30” but the biggest ones were from the surf. They always got hooked in the top of the mouth or in the corner of the mouth - which is especially true when they hit right at the lip. 

3 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Mid morning, out front, MoCo. Front came through, with last shot of rain, and winds really picked up. Flat ocean, with limited wave action. Broke the skunk with a shorty, on a wonderbread. Had to leave to transport the wife, just as things were looking promising. Fish busting just out of casting range, even with the hard NW wind. Had a good feeling that they might move closer. Couple of guys near me had the same feeling and were staying. Hope they were right. Heavy bird action quite a ways out and only one boat on it. Couldn't see if he hooked up. Not sure when I'll get back out. Hope to try toward dusk.

They stayed out, baby whale was eating heartily. DA in a boat kept cutting through seemed to push them away from beach. Guys went on end of jetty and popped out a couple of shorts. Was hoping for a move in. Never came. 

Edited by Blackheart16

1-3pm…Just fished my first time behind our new Townhouse on Raritan Bay.

W wind and heavy but just pushed Kastmaster to the right.

Tons of pnutz  and you could see the schoolies  rolling on ‘em.

I caught only 1…about 26”.

Dude bait fishing with sand worms(!) and bunker must got 6+ while I was around…prob more….shoulda went out earlier…

will do early AM tomorrow 

• Sudsy locked this topic