Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Pitched my first true skunk yesterday during the day in OC. Had a newbie with me who got to fish pencils and see the structure during the day, which was helpful. Birds working outside the bar but didnt get a tap. Always good to eat humble pie now and again. Water was set up really nice too. I think Ill stick to night shift until its too cold for the bass or the sand eels show up. 

Short session tonight out front MoCo, same spot I went last night and they were still there. Light W wind, flat water that seems to get more lake-like as the evening went on. Nothing spectacular, but nice to catch a few two nights in a row after the prolonged skunk. Had the beach to myself. They were hitting right at the lip. 

Wife is taking my son to see her parents on LI tomorrow into Saturday, so that means some more quality time on the water for me. 

11 hours ago, Jimo95 said:

First time surf fishing in the dark last night.  Lower OC from 730-10:00, incoming tide.  Really no wind and didn’t see another soul.  Threw the bag and not a tap.  Night fishing is a whole different beast.  

When you don’t see another soul that’s a blessing…. Until it’s February then you might be addicted to surf casting. Then it’s time to go home…. maybe.

Don’t be discouraged by the skunk. Night time is good. You’ll never forget that first time your plug gets pounded with that unmistakable plunk and you know it’s go time. 

don’t be afraid to buck convention…. Throw top water at night… throw 6” baits when everybody says the fish are on yadda yadda. Throw day time colors at night and throw night during the day. You would be surprised. That’s my 25 years of messing with this foolish pursuit. That’s my advice if you want to call it that. And when all else fails… try a buck tail .

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

Just back in... had to move north of where I found them a few nights ago, but when I found them it was game on.. over 20 fish..most 24-26 inches but had 3 at 28-30 inches.  5" storm shads and 5" shads on 1oz. Jig heads.  The bigger fish took the shad bodies on jig heads. Had to get under the smaller fish to find the bigger ones...

Hope this night bight continues.

Edited by JimK

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

• Sudsy locked this topic