Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

10 hours ago, SIC34 said:

You cracked the code. Who would think that color would be good at block island? Lol. Did you have a guide on the island or figure that out yourself....

Anyone who fished or read books about BI knows about “Block Island green”, right?   I had the usual assortment of green needles, darters and ML swimmers but for some reason they weren’t working that well during this trip.  So I went to Twin Maples and saw the big bombers in parrot color.  I decided to buy them cause they were so pretty, lol.  And why the hell not?  Nothing else was working.  I didn’t expect the good results but here we are :howdy:

Edited by GeoffT

11 hours ago, TheLuckyStrike said:

OC outfront, now caught 2 shorts in 2 hours, moving up now to look for better and grab a coffee. Blurple SP btw

3030E7B9-C71D-4D45-A114-899B05A3D4C0.jpeg

Blurple Sp has been really good to me in the predawn hours lately..sorry to hear about your fall, wishing you a speedy recovery. 

This mornings report..Moco outfront, not a damm thing. But made it home before the fam woke. No quarrels here today! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all, tight lines!

Walked up over the dune at dark this morning on a beach in OC…I then said to my son, “is it really Thanksgiving?” A total of about 6 guys as far as I could see. Fished for a bit and nothing, ocean was dead. Grabbed some breakfast and then hit another spot. Same thing, ocean was dead and no more than about a dozen people as far as I could see. 

Hope somebody had a bit of luck this morning.

Ask and ye shall receive…. Moco out front from false dawn until 10 am. Had fish from rats up to keeper size. With the average in the 25” range. I had at least two keepers. I released all of my fish. No blitz but a very steady bite. The dude next to me put on an absolute clinic including one fish that was a total slob! The party boats were not far off shore chasing the birds around. Definitely crowded but everybody was respectful. Small bait moving by not sure if they were sand eels or peanuts. Either way it was a good day for it. Unfortunately the weather looks to be heading south tomorrow. 

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

5 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

First time surf fishing in the dark last night.  Lower OC from 730-10:00, incoming tide.  Really no wind and didn’t see another soul.  Threw the bag and not a tap.  Night fishing is a whole different beast.  

Keep fishing the day, learn your spots. Put your time in. Dont try anywhere you havent fully scouted out during the day. At some point everything becomes muscle memory and instinct. You will gain confidence. You will know when you're ready. 

4 mins ago, adams54 said:

Keep fishing the day, learn your spots. Put your time in. Dont try anywhere you havent fully scouted out during the day. At some point everything becomes muscle memory and instinct. You will gain confidence. You will know when you're ready. 

Thanks for the tip. I fished an area I knew from fishing it during daytime.  The one thing I had to learn quick was when my lure was close to me and to stop reeling before it was too late.  Lol.  Other than that it wasn’t bad, not intimidating.  I will definitely try again.  

1 hour ago, KrocFoot said:

Blurple Sp has been really good to me in the predawn hours lately..sorry to hear about your fall, wishing you a speedy recovery. 

This mornings report..Moco outfront, not a damm thing. But made it home before the fam woke. No quarrels here today! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all, tight lines!

Thanks bro. I did at least get to fight that fish for 5 minutes or so. She was big and a drag ripper . When I fell she got unhooked by the time I got my **** together. But the fight is all I really care about. Blurple sp didn’t come off the whole night, they wanted it. Tight lines. 100% of my fish have been in the dark since October 

10 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Tried a couple spots in moco and found several keepers wanting darters

D24F2818-A547-4D0F-A1A0-DB0E835D8D40.png

If you don't mind me asking....was there alot of current or a sweep where you were? Everything I've read or watched on darters has said you need movement...thanks

2nd shift last night only produced waves on light bearing googans. A whole minivan full of them. 
Did manage to pick a few on jigs and plugs.  Right now I’m watching a battle between the boaters tight to the beach and the surf casters.

Im thankful that I’m not in it!!!!

Eeeeels……….

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

14 mins ago, Dhirsch said:

If you don't mind me asking....was there alot of current or a sweep where you were? Everything I've read or watched on darters has said you need movement...thanks

There’s current where I’m fishing….I’m no darter expert but I believe if you have enough movement to create downward pressure on the darter then it should swim properly 

Boston Strong

1 hour ago, Jimo95 said:

Thanks for the tip. I fished an area I knew from fishing it during daytime.  The one thing I had to learn quick was when my lure was close to me and to stop reeling before it was too late.  Lol.  Other than that it wasn’t bad, not intimidating.  I will definitely try again.  

If on a sand beach reel until the lure is out of the water especially at night.

• Sudsy locked this topic