Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

6 hours ago, Marc H said:

Don't stop fishing yet.  December can be very good.  Had one of my best trips ever on a Christmas Eve years ago.  3PM into the dark.  All fish over 20-25lbs.  Hours of fun without another soul in sight.  Caught absolute holy HELL from the wife when I got home.  I did not care :)

You have gigantic ones, my friend. Lorraina Bobbit would look charitable - and that’s all I’ll say on that.  

Yep. I’ll see you out there - but not on Christmas Eve. 

13 hours ago, EricDice said:

The December sand eel run of the last few years is fun & foolproof- even for my dumb a$$. And it’s an extended season - so to speak. 

But it’s also a total dinkfest. And that sounds like our best case scenario now??!! 

In other words, the big ones who were going to migrate already went buy in one & only one wave of good bass. Everything else is probably schoolies and be thankful if that happens. 

(tell me I’m way off, please. )

the last couple years late season widespread sand eel bite was small fish. those fish are growing up. don't let your experience from the past few years lead you to believe sand eels only draw in small fish. that is completely incorrect, ask guys that live up on the cape. 

that being said my experience over the last 25 + years on the beach is that in most (not all years) by christmas the chances of a bigger fish taken from shore are slim. not every year of course i have had decent fish in january in some years. but playing the numbers when i head out in january i am usually bringing m/h freshwater tackle with me. 

report: scratched out 3 fish on the sand last night. dropped one and a couple other bites. i didn't last that long since it was cold and i had to work this morning. decent conditions.  i was expecting a little more life and think the drop might have had a better bite based on how things were setting up.

the soft structure on many moco beaches is very nice. i am hoping for a few weeks of sand eels .

enjoy your thanksgiving everyone. stay safe and wear your helmet if your going to be fishing ibsp tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Marc H said:

Don't stop fishing yet.  December can be very good.  Had one of my best trips ever on a Christmas Eve years ago.  3PM into the dark.  All fish over 20-25lbs.  Hours of fun without another soul in sight.  Caught absolute holy HELL from the wife when I got home.  I did not care :)

Lol. They just can't stand it can they? That was a big gamble had you caught nothing...but it paid off..

15 hours ago, adams54 said:

You guys are freaking me out with all this its over talk. On that note...dont we normally have sand eels in at this point?

Long island idiots are putting pictures up all over facebook. It's definitely not over.  Pretty typical for this time of the year.  Blind squirrels finding nuts here and there and the rest are starving. It's fishing season in NJ- take that as you wish.

OC 5-10:30 last night

I gotta story, let me set the stage.  Coming off my 6th skunk in a row, I even made a desperation trip in freshwater with a buddy just to try to get a bite, to no avail.  Trying to get in one last trip before family responsibilities consume the next week.  Got hung up at work, wasn’t able to hit the road out of Philly until 2:30.  Semi-Apocalyptic traffic, wasn’t even able to make it out of PA until 4:00.  So I’m mad to begin with.  Make it to the first spot around 5, moderate north west wind, very very cold, 3-4 foot sets coming in every 20 seconds or so, leaving nice white water in the trough, looking good. Start throwing a storm shad maybe 5 casts, but there’s a lot of sweep, so I decide to clip on my brand new zig zag darter if anything just to try to get a feel of how to fish it.  First cast, not paying attention, cast my swivel through my top guide, it makes a horrible sound.  Start burning my darter in to check on the condition of the guide, bad idea.  Line just disintegrates and the wind blows my cut line into the ocean.  Great.  Take a look at the guide, it’s chipped, all the braid has to do is touch it and it’s cut.  I walk back to my car to try to file the guide down to not cut the line, but that makes it worse.  I am now questioning why the fish gods would curse me with such adversity, and I’m about to just give up and go home.  But I know there’s fish to be caught, and the only option is to make the drive to a shop and pray there is someone there to fix the tip.  Make it to Grumpy’s around 6:15, and I gotta give a HUGE shoutout, they had me in and out with a brand new tip guide in under 10 minutes, completely saved the trip.  Now I’m energized and I know it’s gotta happen tonight.  Took a drive to a different spot, walked a little ways, found a nice point, started throwing a blurple sp into the deep water south of it, and FINALLY got the season long skunk off with a 23 inch schoolie.  Hallelujah.  Fished the spot for a little longer, threw a bomber, bone sp, needle fish, bucktail, shad, but no other bites.  Spent the next few hours driving and walking around, trying to locate a biomass, but no more luck.  Didn’t see another soul fishing, saw a few friendly strangers a mile or so away at one point shining their truck lights directly into the ocean to try to try to scare the bass towards me, didn’t help.  By slack tide the cold had worn me down and I called it a night.

Still gunning for that multi fish session, and maybe a nicer size fish, regardless of what happens with RB biomass I’ll be trying until January.  Guys at Grumpy’s are in the the camp that there’s gonna be multiple big pushes south in the coming weeks.  Fingers crossed.

Tins=Wins

15 mins ago, adobo said:

In the spirit of thanksgiving, I want to share my incredible catch out front, on a donkey, as a thank you for all that this site has done to help me land stripers. I will leave it up to @nam1969 to determine whether donkey fish will count or not. Don't forget, this is just fishing and I am grateful to be able to do this as much as I can, when I can and when the wife lets me. Happy thanksgiving to all and your families.619e6168bc0cd_MyPost(1).jpg.b39fedaac373ae6adb7a4df3ef5e51a4.jpg

Much deserved! And even better job on the photo editing. 

What's the illusion.....U, the Fish or the Donkey....just askin'.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

• Sudsy locked this topic