Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

Hopefully a correlation, but the Albies, per my uncle in RI, were present two weeks later than he’s seen in over 25 years, Hopefully, this is indicative a a later striper season.  I looked at notes from last year, (moco) December 12, had 10 plus fish with multiple keepers, from the surf, using needle plugs from predawn till 10am when I left,  And with that said, coming from Atlantic County this so far has been my worst fall in years. 

OC out front. 3am-9am. Flat. Clear. Saw a falling star and wished for a good day fishing. Soon after a wind knot snapped off my purple sp and sent it into oblivion. Knot was so bad I had to hump 1/4 mile to the truck for the spare rod. 6 hours later, not a bite. Must have been space junk.

Be safe.

10 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

Agree on all that..man I'd love to fish the daylight hours for once and feel the sun in my face! But you go when you can right. 

Day bite? Good lord I hope not! I hate day bites!

2 mins ago, Allejo said:

Agreed, day bites are a joke in the surf zone. 

2 mins ago, Bmiller said:

My last good day bite was this time last year. During the week at night I crushed. Come Saturday morning there had to be 60-80 guys stretch out over a 1/2 mile. 

The real reason I hate day bites is I usually can’t fish them. Also hate hearing the day bite was on peanuts… Anyone want to rehash the “why the peanut bite dies at sunset” debate from a few years ago?

I think a lot of sick days will be taken today. :shaky:

Edited by bdowning

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

I think a lot of sick days will be taken today. :shaky:

Read my mind.

Except I really want to text the boss at home & call out from the afternoon / evening shift but I think I need to build up more “good will” with her. 

10 hours ago, Allejo said:

10 hours ago, Bmiller said:

10 hours ago, Allejo said:

My last good day bite was this time last year. During the week at night I crushed. Come Saturday morning there had to be 60-80 guys stretch out over a 1/2 mile. 

The real reason I hate day bites is I usually can’t fish them. Also hate hearing the day bite was on peanuts… Anyone want to rehash the “why the peanut bite dies at sunset” debate from a few years ago?

56 mins ago, Wuwu888 said:

Yesterday Out front MOCO 5:15pm to 7:00pm fish were there, picked up 11 and lost 6 most 26 to 32. SP and MD were used. 

Yeah. There were BOIDS on the beach in MOCO. Randomly crashing the beach here and there. Daytime after the south wind picked up. 

20211117_140429.jpg.e28d33702dd9c67ce80bdeb796db6a5c.jpg

Went out last night Moco. Started out front. Couldn't find anything. Went out back. Lots of bait.  Mostly spearing and some peanuts. Small bass crashing them occasionally.  Couldn't get a bite.  Then start a few here, then see some bigger splashes in the area. I made a move to get to them.. they were in a tough spot to get to.  But first cast and landed one about 28in. Then tide ran out and it was past sleepy time for me...

15 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Dude 100%. Haha. And I know some are prolly thinking this dude should shutup. BTW I hope u know that wasn't a knock Mr big deal on your posts. Im sorry. I just know when people write the successes people get mad at times especially when the struggle is real with the skunks  it's human nature I guess.. Sorry if I caused a ruckus last week. No ill intent. 

Ya know.....the difference with boat fisherman as opposed to surf fisherman is, that boat fisherman go out and find the fish, then catch'em up....surf fisherman for the most part....go down to their favorite spot, sit on a bucket and wait for the fish to come to them....ie the word "Skunk" so often....for over 2 weeks I've been postin' about the Rodeo goin' on in the back bay...they laughed, they ridiculed..but..how many of ya thought enough to get their arse down to Keyport, Keansburg, Union Beach and get in on the back bay madness.....probably less then 10...y'all sat out front and waited.......I was fishin' Keaport and was bailin' fish on the beach up to 43" on plugs...found myself along side one of this sports imortals doin' the same.....was honored to make his aqauintance.....so there ya are.....keep waitin' for the fish to come to you Mr. Skunk......while real fishermen practice "Old School" methods......Go to the fish....LOL,

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

14 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

for over 2 weeks I've been postin' about the Rodeo goin' on in the back bay...they laughed, they ridiculed..but..how many of ya thought enough to get their arse down to Keyport, Keansburg, Union Beach and get in on the back bay madness.....

This was the problem I had with your reports.  You're telling ppl where to go indirectly and those of us who are back there enjoying the peace, quiet and activity now look over the shoulder waiting for Bigdeals report chasers to arrive.