Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

28 mins ago, MC55 said:

FINALLY broke away from the skunk this morning!  Sure didn't think it was going to happen with a very slow start up in the north country.  All I could see up there was a lot of hickories jumping and breaking and even they wouldn't touch what I was throwing.  Moved a bit south and did get a fish on the line but dropped off after about 20 seconds.  Moved further south and saw boats closer to the home waters so continued to move.  Saw birds picking close to shore so made the walk to see what was happening and found a big school of peanuts right in range being chased by hungry bass.  Unfortunately I only had a short window of time left to fish but managed to land 5 and lost a couple more.  Biggest one was 32 inches and had to be part of a double header cause the teaser was snapped off.  The other fish were all in the upper 20 inch range.  Hated to do it but had to leave them biting to keep peace at home.  Sure nice to hear that drag sing again!  Maybe we aren't done yet!

DSCF3732.JPG

Awesome Mike. Hard to leave them biting that's for sure. Been there. You'll get them again no doubt about it.

Northern boys are still having fun but honestly, I run the dog at sunrise on the beach in Margate every single morning and I can tell you without reservation that I have not seen one single gannet hit the water yet this Fall.  My boat has barely moved out of the slip in 3 weeks and the guys that have gone are just burning gas.... one of my fly buddies is having a great fall in the back on schoolies, but the big girls are still nowhere close to the southern zipcodes...  hoping they show up and the wind dies all around the same time..

Been watching the beach cams.   At least 4 cams are showing birds picking in close and you can see fish breaking water here and there.  Not going to burn spots but the fish are in close

4 hours ago, MC55 said:

FINALLY broke away from the skunk this morning!  Sure didn't think it was going to happen with a very slow start up in the north country.  All I could see up there was a lot of hickories jumping and breaking and even they wouldn't touch what I was throwing.  Moved a bit south and did get a fish on the line but dropped off after about 20 seconds.  Moved further south and saw boats closer to the home waters so continued to move.  Saw birds picking close to shore so made the walk to see what was happening and found a big school of peanuts right in range being chased by hungry bass.  Unfortunately I only had a short window of time left to fish but managed to land 5 and lost a couple more.  Biggest one was 32 inches and had to be part of a double header cause the teaser was snapped off.  The other fish were all in the upper 20 inch range.  Hated to do it but had to leave them biting to keep peace at home.  Sure nice to hear that drag sing again!  Maybe we aren't done yet!

DSCF3732.JPG

Wow! Great to hear that Mike!!

Made the same move as @MC55 this morning after running into him in the dead sea.  Bunch of fish but man were they picky.  Should have caught a lot more but the peanuts were so thick the bass had too much to choose from.  
And I caught a frigging shark on a mag darter.  That was a first for me.  

43 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Determined not to skunk today, I went out to see if the bite was still going on this evening. MoCo, end of incoming, clean water, light westerly. Well, I knew I was doomed when I forgot my waders at home. I forgot to put them back into the trunk after rinsing them. Quiet until sunset and then the blowups started. Could not connect for the life of me. 1 girl 10 ft to the left of me was crushing it. Pearl chartreuse storm shad was the ticket. I had one but couldn’t find it. Had the holographic shads but they didn’t want it. Ended up throwing the bag. So frustrating. Saw @Ed White and he had to hear my sob story again. Anyway, walked back to the car dejected and found the pearl chartreuse shad in my bag…The fishing gods are mocking me.

I think I was on the same rock pile with you.  I was fishing next to a woman who was crushing them... I think I would up with about 8. If that was you, i was between you and the lady.  They were decent fish.. 

47 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Determined not to skunk today, I went out to see if the bite was still going on this evening. MoCo, end of incoming, clean water, light westerly. Well, I knew I was doomed when I forgot my waders at home. I forgot to put them back into the trunk after rinsing them. Quiet until sunset and then the blowups started. Could not connect for the life of me. 1 girl 10 ft to the left of me was crushing it. Pearl chartreuse storm shad was the ticket. I had one but couldn’t find it. Had the holographic shads but they didn’t want it. Ended up throwing the bag. So frustrating. Saw @Ed White and he had to hear my sob story again. Anyway, walked back to the car dejected and found the pearl chartreuse shad in my bag…The fishing gods are mocking me.

Keep trucking Dee. Gunna break your way soon.  i feel it  

13 mins ago, JimK said:

I think I was on the same rock pile with you.  I was fishing next to a woman who was crushing them... I think I would up with about 8. If that was you, i was between you and the lady.  They were decent fish.. 

toothy shark? Or smooth hound?

42 mins ago, ridenfish said:

Made the same move as @MC55 this morning after running into him in the dead sea.  Bunch of fish but man were they picky.  Should have caught a lot more but the peanuts were so thick the bass had too much to choose from.  
And I caught a frigging shark on a mag darter.  That was a first for me.  

You didnt have your mask on. Covid protocols they were staying 6’ away

Broke the weeks long skunkola tonight, just one fish for me, but got to see the peanuts spraying out of the water with bazz on their azz. As a great fisherman once told me, "This sh*t never gets old." Got to hear DeeMonee whine just a little too  :wee: Hi!

Edited by Ed White