Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

Out front in moco this morning from 4:30 to about 5:30.  Caught the outgoing tide, but that was it.

Flat surf conditions with a light west wind.  It definitly felt like winter out there this morning.

I suck, but can't wait to get out there again :)  

Out front MOCO at dawn with my son. Two guys down from us and lots of boats to our south. Session got cut short as my son got cold. No action to speak of.

anyone have luck?

SMOCO - Out from 6 to 8.  No bait in the water to speak of.  I fished a normally productive beach for the 4th time this week with nothing landed today or during my other sessions.  I did have a nice one on, but lost it because my drag was not properly set. Ughhh!!!

I moved to another beach and got a 22" striper on a teaser.  I'll be out there again tonight. 

I was near the fleet this am to low tide in central OC.  Couldn't tell if they caught but it was comical all the boats steaming north at one time.  Center consoles to party boats.  Well offshore.

As usual, no hits for me.  Not a touch, again.

Out front, MoCo, SSW winds, 46 degrees, not much foamy white water where I was. Nothing for me. few guys around me had no luck either. 

lots of boats out still…

talked to a friend who said the sand eels are starting to move down, not in NJ yet though. Praying they come soon. 

1 hour ago, dvalente98 said:

Out front, MoCo, SSW winds, 46 degrees, not much foamy white water where I was. Nothing for me. few guys around me had no luck either. 

lots of boats out still…

talked to a friend who said the sand eels are starting to move down, not in NJ yet though. Praying they come soon. 

what good are the sand eels without surf zone stripers. 

50 mins ago, EricDice said:

can possibly help bring more stripers into the surf zone...

Edited by dvalente98

40 mins ago, EricDice said:

This was from the surf zone recently. 

*drag too tight.

I was out today and skunked.

20211111_123832.jpg

12:30-5:30pm Moco.  Light SSW wind, medium swell, stained water, 1 foot vis improving as the day went on. Covered a lot of ground, saw maybe a dozen others out over the course of the afternoon.  Didn’t see any bait, some birds were diving a few hundreds yards out for like 5 minutes around 2:00.  One guy was roping dogfish on salted clams.  Skunked for the 5th time in a row, new PB.  Didn’t see or hear of anyone else catching.  Was planning to fish into the night but it felt futile so I gave up.

23 hours ago, Basswiper said:

To the boat conversation. It's just about what's in your heart and soul, mind, experiences, and a laundry list of other variables.

I was practically raised at a marina growing up.  Very fortunate there. Had bass boats, CC's...

There is something very, very special about Surfcasting for me personally. I'd never object to a fishing trip on a boat. Part boat, charter, etc. I dont see things so very black and white like that. But for ME, a boat could never, ever give me the full experience of what and how I enjoy. Surfcasting has piqued my interest in history, combines my love of fishing, hunting and even camping. Hiking, exercise, stress relief, etc. For me, a boat doesn't do this. And I have a 65mph 21' Ranger. A thrill in its own right but never the satisfaction that walking sand or cobbles and rocks gives me. For someone else and their experiences,  it may just be the exact opposite. That's what's so great about this past time, IMO!

Man, I could not agree with you more.  I am lucky enough to share ownership of two boats with my brother, but there is just something primal about being on the beach, just you with a bag full of plugs and your favorite rod.  Boat fish are fun but when you get it figured out on the beach it just feels better.  If I need to reconnect with myself I just love to be on the beach by myself spending time surfcasting 

21 mins ago, Foureel said:

Man, I could not agree with you more.  I am lucky enough to share ownership of two boats with my brother, but there is just something primal about being on the beach, just you with a bag full of plugs and your favorite rod.  Boat fish are fun but when you get it figured out on the beach it just feels better.  If I need to reconnect with myself I just love to be on the beach by myself spending time surfcasting 

Well said brother. I feel the same way. Nothing beats the thrill of surfcasting as frustrating as it may be. 

7 hours ago, dvalente98 said:

lots of boats out still…

I thought they basically moved in and out not up and down. 

Anyways, my report is I stayed home, stayed warm, stayed well fed and stayed asleep as long as possible. Based on what I read here and from friends I made the right call this weekend. 

Edited by Allejo