Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Outfront last night in moco from 11-2am.  Incoming tide lit up by the moon and a clear sky.  Started out with a light west wind that changed to southwest.  The surf looked good with decent whitewater and spacing between waves.  The sweep was from south to north.

Threw everything in the bag and have nothing to show for it other than a few shooting star sightings.

Is there a gofundme page for the Jobu sacrifice? If so, count me in!

Out front MoCo for me too from 4-8. Beautiful BT conditions. Picked up one nice sized schoolie that fought hard and leaped out of the water like a bluefish lol. A couple more nice taps and dropped a couple of fish.

Fished out back a few times earlier in the week and dropped a few fish too. Not sure if the season is just a little slower then usual for me and its in my head but it feels like I've been getting a lot of light taps, fish on for a split second then dropped this past week. Fish seem non-committal kind of like early spring. Curious if anyone else is having similar experiences.

Out back up north this am from dead low through the bulk of incoming. Had plans to go out on a buddy’s boat this morning but he overslept and then didn’t want to go. Decided to switch it up and hit a brackish section of a river looking for white perch instead of stripers. Had two rods out both with high lows, gold color bait holder hooks and night crawlers. Had a blast and caught about 20 from 5” to I guess around a pound. Did not keep any for the table due to water quality in that area. A very overlooked fishery.  

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

16 hours ago, MC55 said:

Hmmmm, so you moved to catching fish in a barrel.  Still waiting on @nam1969 to get the ruling from the committee as to if those fish actually count.

The Committee did meet and we even had to send out for food, as it went longer than usual. @DeeMonee  failed to show to present his side of the story. The Committee, however, split on the vote, regarding barrel fish. Therefore, in the interest of fairness, he was awarded 1/3 fish for any under 28" and 1/2 fish for any over. This was a one time exception and should not be seen as a precedent for future rulings. There was general  agreement that failure to score OUT FRONT and then going OUT BACK to catch barrel fish was a desperation move and not to be encouraged, especially among newer fisherman. 

30 mins ago, ridenfish said:

The only hit I got last night was a big piece of wood to my shins.  
Usually between the two of us we can at least scrounge up a couple dinks. Prime water, cycled through all the usual stuff that would work in heavier surf and not even a sniff 

Nothin like a little bump in the night to get your attention…. Have had dolphins and mayyybe sandbar sharks show up around me in waist deep water in the bay. Scary as hell. Just stand still…. That’s my defense mechanism 

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

20 mins ago, Slowwwride said:

Nothin like a little bump in the night to get your attention…. Have had dolphins and mayyybe sandbar sharks show up around me in waist deep water in the bay. Scary as hell. Just stand still…. That’s my defense mechanism 

Ive had a seal pop up 5’ in front of me in the bay

• Sudsy locked this topic