Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

Just now, EricDice said:

Speaking of lurkers:

91853F7F-39DD-4DB2-B2C9-A05D84B075E6.jpeg

Riveting. The real lurkers don't even have accounts and are just looking to see if the bite is going off and where. Hitting the night tide tonight. Things are supposed to get a little gnarly tomorrow wind-wise. I'll probably fish the pm tide tomorrow as well because fishing in the rain means no mobsters

1 hour ago, Spigola said:

So is anybody fishing or are we going to see this bull**** for the rest of the month?

I’ll be out around 1 am somewhere. Gonna take my old man’s nap now 

MoCo out front about 8am-2pm. Nothing. Wind was ripping S and rain but water looked great. As the day went on the wind shut off and so did the rain and the water turned to chocolate milk. Didn't see many others out. Saw some gannets way out of casting range. 

On 11/11/2021 at 7:17 PM, JMB said:

Dude, just stop. It was not chaos unless it changed in the afternoon. Lots of boats doing a lot of running and gunning. Fish would pop up and you had 1 or 2 shots at them. Fish were caught but far from chaos.:dismay:

Boy did you create a stink in here. Sounds like you did some cheater fishing, too. Maybe if you had a better captain, you would have experienced the chaos :idea:

Still lots of peanuts conserving their energy way in back before entering the gauntlet on their migration. The daily view from my dock... 

39 mins ago, Eric_S said:

Boy did you create a stink in here. Sounds like you did some cheater fishing, too. Maybe if you had a better captain, you would have experienced the chaos :idea:

Still lots of peanuts conserving their energy way in back before entering the gauntlet on their migration. The daily view from my dock... 

:shrug::laugh:

I need to find someone with a bigger boat.

7 hours ago, MC55 said:

Wow, when the fishing off the sand stinks, as it does right now, the mood around here changes in a heartbeat.  If we don't start hearing about bent rods real soon, we better invite a therapist to join this forum.  Anyway, same old story for me this morning.  Conditions early were still very fishable, but later in the morning that SE wind was blowing hard and the water was getting a bit dirty.  When the rain started pounding, it was time to call it a morning.  Not a touch no matter what I was tossing.  Only sign of life was the gannets diving off shore.  With the west wind starting, might give it a look after the flip.

I think MC55 hit the nail in the head.....

ohhhh the drama!!! 

So I don’t really post reports, but I enjoy reading through them. I’ll post a report from this morning, maybe to help get back on track here- I got out early but only had about 45min to fish. Nice conditions where I was, and warm too (I’m not looking forward to the gloves). Fishy looking water- overall ideal conditions and tide and spot- but nothing happening in the short time I had...I did see one small fish jump within range... 

So talking about putting a bend on my rod- here is my latest catch- really had my drag smoking too.... 

B53C92DE-0AAD-4594-88C6-F02F000A7EE4.jpeg.76222920b4dcd1870404f6d563955835.jpeg

(Sorry had to take a pic... fish was released and swam away) 

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

I’ll be out around 1 am somewhere. Gonna take my old man’s nap now 

Uh oh. Youre coming back to nj.   Thats bad news for most. 

btw if you find fish call me.  Thats how i roll now. 

Hard S today to SE to W then NW to NE before SE tomorrow before we go back W for Sunday. I’m hopeful I can get my son into a few during the dawn hours on Sunday. Good offshore trend through next week. Will this be the start of bent rods?

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Had to be up in NoMoCo this afternoon for The Lil’ Empress errands. So I did some recon out front…chocolate milk. Went out back to scope out the action. Found peanuts all over at one spot. Geared up and went to work. Beautiful evening, middle of outgoing, light WNW. Peanuts so thick and small. Occasional big splashes in range but no hits. Another fellow landed 2 schoolies on a tsunami shad. The schools seemed to move and I decided to follow. The fishing gods threw me a bone. As the sun set, the fish started getting interested. Went 4 for 5 on the stripes. Lost a nice fish as I was leadering him in. The fish ranged from 25”-29”. The bigger fish took the pink and black teaser. One fish took the shad.

F9F44C37-39B0-49B1-AE8C-42E48FBCE19B.jpeg

3ADB3D7E-33AB-4124-80A7-5F24B7D17EA2.jpeg

Hmmmm, so you moved to catching fish in a barrel.  Still waiting on @nam1969 to get the ruling from the committee as to if those fish actually count.

Just now, MC55 said:

Hmmmm, so you moved to catching fish in a barrel.  Still waiting on @nam1969 to get the ruling from the committee as to if those fish actually count.

Ha! I already know the ruling.

3 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

Riveting. The real lurkers don't even have accounts and are just looking to see if the bite is going off and where. Hitting the night tide tonight. Things are supposed to get a little gnarly tomorrow wind-wise. I'll probably fish the pm tide tomorrow as well because fishing in the rain means no mobsters

Fishing in the rain is one of my favorite things in the world.