Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

No reports from me anymore as it just invites problems 

I will give a conditions report for right now, near perfect Water is slightly stained, rolling great, wind has swung around to a light WSW and air temp is 65 degrees 

39 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

I'll just go ahead and vouch for Big Deal and his information. Going after the wrong guy here boys.

This is more about reporting your days fishing experience not someone else's. If your not out there actively fishing you have ZERO skin in the game. If the person you heard from feels like making a written report all well and good.

To each is own @JimK, I understand that they may be valuable to many...just given my humble opinion.I read em and hope I can run out there and get on em...I'll never tell another poster what to post, who the hell am I? This is America. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Eh I will just move on from the argument. I usually fish from my boat but joined here as a surf guy and I still do fish from land as I posted a report this week doing such.

What I don't understand is why everyone here doesn't own some sort of vessel. Kayak, jon boat, something. Puts ya on more fish, simple as that. Not practical for an hour session but when you got the time, it is better. Can't complain about a mugging usually either.

Another thing that popped into my head though. I live near Philly and you know, I mostly get FOMO from reports especially during the week. Rarely rarely rarely do I fish during the week and even then, my game is usually LBI & south and has been substantially south this past year. My game is so different than most games on here yet I still come to read what is going on. Dudes catching a 50# bass a mile outside the hook means literally nothing to me since A) I'm not usually going up there unless it is on someone else's boat and 2) even if I did I am not taking my little skiff out in the ocean lol. I have to adapt my game for what my surroundings are. I struggled doing that too and bit the bullet and hired a guide this fall, and it was worth it. I'm out here togging, fluking, throwing stuff at sod banks now and most people are just always striper fishing out front but I'll still post and I'll still come read. Whatever your game is, make it work. Do what you can. Everyone knows land based fishing isn't as productive. I still did it Wednesday. Caught some stuff but it wasn't as good. I accept that and do it anyway. Anyone out there walking the beach daily accepts that too. If you can't, then don't do it. Save your money, buy a boat, and fish once a week then. 

Edited by hurricane1091

1 min ago, hurricane1091 said:

Eh I will just move on from the argument. I usually fish from my boat but joined here as a surf guy and I still do fish from land as I posted a report this week doing such.

What I don't understand is why everyone here doesn't own some sort of vessel. Kayak, jon boat, something. Puts ya on more fish, simple as that. Not practical for an hour session but when you got the time, it is better. Can't complain about a mugging usually either.

Many yaks are affordable. Just brought home our tandem kayak from SJ. Fishing the RB flats sounds appealing to me, eventually. Transporting that large heavy thing is another consideration and time investment entirely. I would also have to partition my plugs/gear into yak stuff versus surf stuff because I’m not losing my plug bag and the new Saragosa at the bottom of RB or the Atlantic Ocean. 

And then… night fishing the deep part of RB, the busy shipping channels and the open ocean, where the big fish seem like they’ve been lately, that’s an even greater concern / challenge. Cold immersion survival, lack of pedals (paddle powered only) launch/recovery emergency planning, safety gear & lighting, etc etc. Lots of prep before and stowing after. 

But most of all, given I fish alone at night 90%, I’m not expecting to be out in the current hot spots. That sounds dangerous to say the least. 

And the skiff is in the same boat, no pun intended, given the limitations. 

1 min ago, EricDice said:

Many yaks are affordable. Just brought home our tandem kayak from SJ. Fishing the RB flats sounds appealing to me, eventually. Transporting that large heavy thing is another consideration and time investment entirely. I would also have to partition my plugs/gear into yak stuff versus surf stuff because I’m not losing my plug bag and the new Saragosa at the bottom of RB or the Atlantic Ocean. 

And then… night fishing the deep part of RB, the busy shipping channels and the open ocean, where the big fish seem like they’ve been lately, that’s an even greater concern / challenge. Cold immersion survival, lack of pedals (paddle powered only) launch/recovery emergency planning, safety gear & lighting, etc etc. Lots of prep before and stowing after. 

But most of all, given I fish alone at night 90%, I’m not expecting to be out in the current hot spots. That sounds dangerous to say the least. 

And the skiff is in the same boat, no pun intended, given the limitations. 

I agree with everything here. It isn't practical all the time, and if I want to fish during the week it is going to be land based. I know if I fish the land it won't be as productive but I'll do it anyway because I want to fish. But I won't complain that it isn't as good lol, I already know that going into it but do it anyway. Hopefully it makes sense.

just looking at beach cams  It looks like a boat may have hit the rocks in Manasquan inlet.  Two boats currently in the inlet and not moving at all  

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

So seeing how there's only one NJ Reports Forum....ya take the good with the bad....and if ya think gas, time, bait and a boat costs nothin'....well sir....my report was in real time.....OK...no more.

I hope you will post, the posts help us Pennsylvanians . At least this one. Sorry I didn’t stick up for you before this. 

My last post on this before we all get yelled out for being off topic. I met Jim Hutchinson on the beach at some point. I asked him if he had a boat - which he does. He also said his Dad was on his boat trolling mojos and already caught a limit. I asked him why he wouldn't be out there and he said it isn't how he wants to fish. He could take his boat out but he just wanted to be on the beach. I didn't really understand it at the time, but I do now adays. Most of us could pay $150 and go on a head boat and get our picture worthy fish this weekend, but we won't do it. It's not how we want to do it - which means it also isn't just about catching the fish then. I don't want to troll mojos either, it's just not what I want to do. I'd sooner throw super spook jrs at the sod banks and catch 20-28" bass then go on a head boat this weekend with the googans. I don't know, let's not turn into a hate fest up here folks. The d-bags are on the FB groups, not here.

Huge Veterans Day skunking for me, I hurled out bunker and want getting hardly and distance with wind and my choice to use a rig with an entirely too long leader to cast effectively. It’s nice to change your from plugs , sometimes . I didn’t move around much and didn’t see much productive water where I was .  Everything looked right just couldn’t find the spot to drop the bait. So of iBSP . North of Brig. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

Just now, hurricane1091 said:

My last post on this before we all get yelled out for being off topic. I met Jim Hutchinson on the beach at some point. I asked him if he had a boat - which he does. He also said his Dad was on his boat trolling mojos and already caught a limit. I asked him why he wouldn't be out there and he said it isn't how he wants to fish. He could take his boat out but he just wanted to be on the beach. I didn't really understand it at the time, but I do now adays. Most of us could pay $150 and go on a head boat and get our picture worthy fish this weekend, but we won't do it. It's not how we want to do it - which means it also isn't just about catching the fish then. I don't want to troll mojos either, it's just not what I want to do. I'd sooner throw super spook jrs at the sod banks and catch 20-28" bass then go on a head boat this weekend with the googans. I don't know, let's not turn into a hate fest up here folks. The d-bags are on the FB groups, not here.

I never liked having a yak I felt like I was kayaking and not fishing. If im on a boat it's sea bass or tog.  I have been around long enough to know where the fish are so I don't need to chase reports but I still do. I also know when the fish are not there. I probably go just as many times when I know the fish are not around as when I know they are around.  There are plenty of times when I know fish are someplace and I just go where I feel like going. It's a journey and what it meant to me 10 years ago is not what it means to me today and it probably won't be the same in ten years. I have no idea why I keep fishing, I just do.  I am getting my gear together now and I will probably see more friends than fish this weekend. That's ok I am not driving out of my way to slay. 

21 mins ago, bill cunnane said:

just looking at beach cams  It looks like a boat may have hit the rocks in Manasquan inlet.  Two boats currently in the inlet and not moving at all  

Dredging in progress.

48 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Everyone knows land based fishing isn't as productive. 

For you, and your game. 

You came on here a few years ago asking tons of questions and got some good responses. 

From where i was sitting you could never put it together. got a boat hired a guide to learn and now your a pro. 

now you are wondering why everyone doesn't own some sort of vessel. lol. 

I prefer first hand reports but either way is fine. fish have tails and they swim. predicting where they will be is the name of the game regardless of what the reports say.