Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, BigBen425 said:

I fish hard is an understatement, I live upper west side Manhattan (I hate this city) my folks live in the shore region. I legit come down to the beach for a week + at a time when I see the stars align (moon, wind, general sense) and I fish hard, I mean I sleep 4 hours a day during these sprints, these are tides, miles, trial and error while working a full time professional executive job.  I’m 32 and I’ve kept a log for 15 years now. I know when, where and a what tide 70% of the time. It’s a huge sacrifice, people think I’m crazy, my family, my friends, my ex girlfriends. But man I live for this ****. I learned on this bored that I can blow my own spot really easily, so I try and be coy as a few of you members have recognized legit rocks I’ve posted and scolded me. I really do hate most fisherman, the binocular, text, internet investigator, I’m not an internet hero, I get skunked more thenI catch I’m just a young guy who legit loves surf fishing and beats my chest like a gorilla when I find them which is not every time I fish. I had two epic outings before I went home and came here to celebrate since no one else I know would give a damn. I got **** on here for wanting to skull bang poachers who were killing fish undersize and In numbers, well I got in touch with F&G made friends with an official and got poachers busted. people saying a bigger tool comes along yada yada yada , gtfo of here. You meet me on the beach and you’ll know why I’m dubbed my name Big Ben, outside of the physicality my true reason is  I go BIG or go HOME every time I tie a fresh leader, which of course is every time I hit the sand. 

Well said Ben. Cant imagine living in that rat infested garbage s hole. All the more reason to hit the surf extra hard. You got a lot more time then me in this game but its in my blood as well and nobody gets it. Retie leader every outing is an excellent idea. I even cut 10 ft of braid off every time i retie a leader which is every time. My spool is perpetually underfilled. No problem if you know how and where to cast. Skunk a lot as well but Im a moron and fish when I have time and cant get out on the proper tide. If there were stats on surf fishing my efficiency would be worst in the game. Casts per fish that is. But not a few nights ago when I found them. Made it all worthwhile. Keep it up and ignore the mouthbreathers.

Edited by adams54

11 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Tried the dusk bite hoping the fish would be biting pre-storm. MoCo, end of outgoing, steady ESE, clean water and plenty of suds. Nada. The Skunk is strong with this one. Back at it tomorrow hopefully. Couple of buddies of mine were north and had a bite going on earlier in the afternoon. Apparently fish were on peanuts. 

You need to seek Yoda. 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Were you on the boat or in your command center?

Maybe a new rule for this thread. First hand reports only. 2nd hand reports with no time or money invested are some what tainted and can negatively impact those who are actually putting in the time and effort.

8 mins ago, bentstick said:

Maybe a new rule for this thread. First hand reports only. 2nd hand reports with no time or money invested are some what tainted and can negatively impact those who are actually putting in the time and effort.

Report chasers are almost always late to the party, which keeps them away from the spots where the fish are today.

You have to view a few pages at a time, use that to figure out the general location of the body of fish, then go to your own spots in that general area

On 11/11/2021 at 0:13 AM, smell my mule said:

I just noticed a huge difference (4 hours) on the tide apps between "Seaside Heights Ocean" and bay points such as "Barnegat Pier" or "Island Beach, Sledge Islands" ... Down here in Atlantic County, it's a much smaller gap between the bay and ocean tide times.

Trust the  "Tides Near Me" app.  It is right on the money. I use it all the time.

1 hour ago, bentstick said:

I vote more vs. less information (as long as it is not a spot burn). 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand. It all comes together to form a general picture of how good the fishing is. Over time (years) you can tell for the most part who to trust and who not too in the reports. With so many personalities the movement to silence is never good. If you don't enjoy the post.... scroll-on!   

2 hours ago, Whortleberry said:

You need to seek Yoda. 

Or some better ceremonies. Maybe a ritual plug burning? 

7 mins ago, Bikefish said:

I vote more vs. less information (as long as it is not a spot burn). 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand. It all comes together to form a general picture of how good the fishing is. Over time (years) you can tell for the most part who to trust and who not too in the reports. With so many personalities the movement to silence is never good. If you don't enjoy the post.... scroll-on!   

Eff that, I vote first hand. You fish, want to report that’s fine. You fish, don’t want to report, that’s fine.

3 hours ago, suntzu said:

Dredging the MI channel, moving just outside the inlet north to drop the sediment Repeat - about 100 times. :) ACOE does it every year about this time as a big sandbar develops at the head of the inlet and the channel starts to fill on Too much boat traffic to do it most of the year and weather is often a challenge in winter 

i am not posting reports but I have been many miles north of there for the last couple of weeks

Thanks for letting me know

Agree with Bikefish^^

Belated thank you to our veterans and their families. 

late report Weds night through Thursday morning -  first time ever to N Monmouth locations.

Fished hard out front. Cycled through everything that made sense and then a little bit of everything else from my bag. Rotated spots, walked miles, switched to the back briefly. Not a tap. Didn’t see another person the whole time in the dark which was surprising since I covered territory. Must’ve known things I did not - like that there were no fish in those spots. 

Sun came up and that was even more frustrating. The birds were carpet bombing in clusters all over the place but never in casting range. Moved around again while sun was up but still nothing. 

eventually just ran out of time. I had errands way down in CMC and then get back home to PA. Lots of driving & no sleep for no catching. 

Thats three sleepless nights fishing and then being a dad the next day (meaning no naps). Just one successful trip with still only two schoolies to show for it. I’m no noob and I’m covering lots of ground with excellent soft & hard structure. 

These are lean times. 

11 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

I'll just go ahead and vouch for Big Deal and his information. Going after the wrong guy here boys.

I have no doubt that Mr. Bigdeals reports are accurate. I've been out on the boat and have had some great days. That being said, 90% of the guys on here are surf guys. Ya ever think maybe they don't want to hear it? haha. Think about it, your grinding away, making casts, going to different spots and it's skunk after skunk. Than somebody comes on and describes it as chaos, great fishing etc. Jealousy? Of course! When I hear it and im not in the thick of it i definitely got a case of fomo (fear of missing out.) But it's like the equivalent of a guy who grinds it at work daily, living paycheck to paycheck than his neighbor tells him he got a huge Christmas bonus this year. The guy really ain't in the mood to hear about it. 

Edited by joefishnj21