Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, smell my mule said:

I have a question for you North Jersey guys. Since I can only report that I didn't catch anything, I'm really not spot burning. Anyway, I'm down in AC and drove up to IBSP after work today to fish a few hours. I've only fished up that way from the beach 2 or 3 times. High tide tonight on the beach there tonight is a bit after midnight. High tide in the bays there are like 4am. Is that accurate? The reason I'm asking is because the bays down here are about 45 to 90 mins after the ocean tide. Assuming that it is, I'm guessing it's because there's only really one inlet (Barnegat) running into the bay?

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/tide_predictions.html?gid=1406#listing

5 hours ago, Whortleberry said:

MC out front. 9:30pm-2am very little wind until about 1am then North breeze picked up. Good sized swell kept the bar marked. Top of the tide caught 6 plump schoolies and dropped about as many in a short window. Then, steady pick until the wind stiffened and shut it down. Took a while and covered a lot of sand to find them.

Stay safe

We had a similar night. I covered a lot of ground for 10 shorts.  I did miss and drop a bunch. All on a small gold color mag darter I tried a jig/soft plastic when I knew they were in front of me and didn’t get touched.  They are strange fish sometimes. 
I didn’t see a soul aside from one head lamp 1/4 mile south of me. Crazy for a beautiful mid November night before a holiday. 

Out back in lower OC from 6-7:30.  Light west wind with a little chop.  Managed to get 5 at first light with white paddle tail.  

762455F3-5A5B-47EE-81F1-91ADCFA265B3.jpeg

0C47D07E-1721-4A2D-B2B5-A06CF56880BF.jpeg

17 hours ago, BobBass said:

Bragging on a reports thread about having the beach to yourself and slaying fish is like pointing a gun at your foot and saying “I haven’t shot myself yet” while pulling the trigger 

People never learn 

Last night out front SoMoCo incoming tide. 8 schoolies to 26in over several beaches. Once the water filled in it was pretty consistent if you fished the right water. Bait guys near me got skates and a guy eeling got nothing. 1 on a BT the rest on a swimmer. First fresh bright fish of the season for me

5D4E50A1-9476-44ED-A631-A34C15F52656.jpeg

69CAAA5E-B787-4BE1-8AA2-1923F6681D14.jpeg

27 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

The bay is in Chaos.........my boys are out ...adult and peanuts with fish all over'em.

Work sux

Edited by JimK

1 hour ago, Jimo95 said:

Out back in lower OC from 6-7:30.  Light west wind with a little chop.  Managed to get 5 at first light with white paddle tail.  

762455F3-5A5B-47EE-81F1-91ADCFA265B3.jpeg

0C47D07E-1721-4A2D-B2B5-A06CF56880BF.jpeg

Much more vibrant than their ocean going cousins.

13 hours ago, bill cunnane said:

I was stationed at Fort Hancock 1973/1974 as an Army radar operator for the Nike System.  Had the beaches all to myself back then to surf and fish (between having to do radar duty). hen sent to Germany and got back in 1976.  I cannot believe how much the Hook changed over the years.  Back then we had to watch out going on the beach due to the live munitions that washed up after the storms.  

Great history, to say the least. We'd love to hear more about it. If you start a thread, please let us know, so that we can follow and comment. Thank you for your service. 

Fished out front in MoCo over the last week and have been doing well on soft plastic shads, size and weight depending on depth and current. I cannot seem to catch anything on a pencil popper, even on those calm days, when the conditions seem just right for them. Does anyone have any insight on how I might achieve success? Perhaps my profile is too big, as I've been using a 2oz Gibbs? 

32 mins ago, JimK said:

Work sux

It's absolutely crazy out there today........crushin'em in the bay....just look at the pics and vids comin' in on FB.....my guys limited out in a half hour....too many throw backs.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

I was never going to be able to take off work today to fish so hard to have too much FOMO I guess. My buddy was off though and decided to work instead of going to RB like he was going to. That probably stings.

With the help of this guy I'll be able to walk out to where the bunker and boats are! Skunked for a month now(no night fishing).

20211111_105229.jpg

Went out front in OC last night, 8-11. Fished Bucktails and a few different colored SP minnows. Fished both jetties and open water. No fish, no bites... Forgot to record surf conditions but it wasn't too cold which was nice.

Two guys coming off the beach with a few keepers. Said they did well using SP minnows (blue/white belly and pink/white belly if I remember correctly). Talked to a few other lads on the beach, all said same thing; a bite here and there but no landed fish.

Trying to get to the beach earlier tomorrow to start fishing before sunset but the GSP traffic Gods seem to always work against me...