Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, adoboboy said:

Keep reporting man. It is a REPORTS Thread after all. Good job and happy to hear about your fine evening and hopefully we can share your good fortune. 

I totally agree! Big Ben put his time in and found fish..isn't that what it's all about. Brag away! Loved his post, keep them comin!

Down south report and a rare weekday one at that. Fished the rocks for tog and managed one at 15" but let him go. Spent the rest of the time harassed by sea bass and small small small tog but as a new togger who just started getting it going from the boat, this was my first land based tog. Live lined spot on a fish finder there too but dogfish..ouch. Moved to a bridge and managed another tog that was decent and had another really good feeling one wrap me. Free lined some spot hippie style and that resulted in squid. Are we eating these things or what boys?

Do tog not feed at night because that bite all but stopped at sun down.

9 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Do tog not feed at night because that bite all but stopped at sun down.

Tog actually sleep at nights, or something resembling it. No night time tog bite. 

13 mins ago, Danny1199 said:

Tog actually sleep at nights, or something resembling it. No night time tog bite. 

Thanks, I buy into that. Literally like clockwork it stopped at sun down so I figured as much.

I was stationed at Fort Hancock 1973/1974 as an Army radar operator for the Nike System.  Had the beaches all to myself back then to surf and fish (between having to do radar duty). hen sent to Germany and got back in 1976.  I cannot believe how much the Hook changed over the years.  Back then we had to watch out going on the beach due to the live munitions that washed up after the storms.  

Hit a few rock piles in moco. Started at dead low and fished a few hours.

No bites.

Still a good time.

Thanks to all the SOL veterans on this veterans day.

4:00-9:00 tonight, started in OC but ended in MoCo.  Skunked again.  Threw everything, but focused mainly on bucktails and a newly acquired SS needle.  Water looked great, very light wind, comfortable air temps, I was so sure it was gonna happen.  Not many people out, saw a one guy unhook a rat bass at dusk, and that was it.  Tough times.  Back at it Sunday.

I have a question for you North Jersey guys. Since I can only report that I didn't catch anything, I'm really not spot burning. Anyway, I'm down in AC and drove up to IBSP after work today to fish a few hours. I've only fished up that way from the beach 2 or 3 times. High tide tonight on the beach there tonight is a bit after midnight. High tide in the bays there are like 4am. Is that accurate? The reason I'm asking is because the bays down here are about 45 to 90 mins after the ocean tide. Assuming that it is, I'm guessing it's because there's only really one inlet (Barnegat) running into the bay?

Edited by smell my mule

22 mins ago, loubert said:

4:00-9:00 tonight, started in OC but ended in MoCo.  Skunked again.  Threw everything, but focused mainly on bucktails and a newly acquired SS needle.  Water looked great, very light wind, comfortable air temps, I was so sure it was gonna happen.  Not many people out, saw a one guy unhook a rat bass at dusk, and that was it.  Tough times.  Back at it Sunday.

I walked about a 1.5 mile stretch and only saw two different people. Was surprised. Gorgeous night to fish.

11 mins ago, smell my mule said:

I have a question for you North Jersey guys. Since I can only report that I didn't catch anything, I'm really not spot burning. Anyway, I'm down in AC and drove up to IBSP after work today to fish a few hours. I've only fished up that way from the beach 2 or 3 times. High tide tonight on the beach there tonight is a bit after midnight. High tide in the bays there are like 4am. Is that accurate? The reason I'm asking is because the bays down here are about 45 to 90 mins after the ocean tide. Assuming that it is, I'm guessing it's because there's only really one inlet (Barnegat) running into the bay?

That's pretty south compared to most people I think on here. Barnegat Light is probably the tide you want to look at I'm guessing but not entirely sure what you're looking to do or figure out. I'm sure that's more than 45-60 mins behind.

1 min ago, hurricane1091 said:

That's pretty south compared to most people I think on here. Barnegat Light is probably the tide you want to look at I'm guessing but not entirely sure what you're looking to do or figure out. I'm sure that's more than 45-60 mins behind.

I just noticed a huge difference (4 hours) on the tide apps between "Seaside Heights Ocean" and bay points such as "Barnegat Pier" or "Island Beach, Sledge Islands" ... Down here in Atlantic County, it's a much smaller gap between the bay and ocean tide times.

MC out front. 9:30pm-2am very little wind until about 1am then North breeze picked up. Good sized swell kept the bar marked. Top of the tide caught 6 plump schoolies and dropped about as many in a short window. Then, steady pick until the wind stiffened and shut it down. Took a while and covered a lot of sand to find them.

Stay safe

7 hours ago, smell my mule said:

I just noticed a huge difference (4 hours) on the tide apps between "Seaside Heights Ocean" and bay points such as "Barnegat Pier" or "Island Beach, Sledge Islands" ... Down here in Atlantic County, it's a much smaller gap between the bay and ocean tide times.

I gotcha. I think everyone struggles with exact tide times. Fishing inlets is about the only time it's fairly accurate. I think some places you just know over time what the time difference is.