Sudsy

Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

1,391 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, adoboboy said:

Outback last night, MoCo. Hit the outgoing until almost midnight. Went back to the same place as a couple days ago and maybe I need glasses, but I think I only saw spearing and no more peanuts where I was fishing. The fish were still there, maybe not in the same numbers but it was a really frustrating night to say the least. Avoided the skunk and avoided another swim session, which was the highlight of my evening. Boy did it get cold last night. 

Impressive.. from a guy years ago who couldn't find a bite to a guy who is finding the bite... 

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished lower Hudson River and caught and released a 22 pounder caught on bunker and found a CCW hope to restore 

FA3DD4F0-D94B-4AAF-B2B3-E84175A90D88.jpeg

Two good catches!

Back out there this morning staying local but still not a lot to talk about.  Did get one in that 20 inch range on the teaser and that was it.  There seemed to be some life off shore with birds and boats around, just nothing really coming to the beach.  Back out maybe later today.

34 mins ago, MC55 said:

Back out there this morning staying local but still not a lot to talk about.  Did get one in that 20 inch range on the teaser and that was it.  There seemed to be some life off shore with birds and boats around, just nothing really coming to the beach.  Back out maybe later today.

Hold the phone! @adoboboy  is catching fish and you're not! I feared Armageddon  was close, as most of the signs were in place. This, however, is the final Seventh sign. The Apocalypse is here. It's really over! Sin loi (Vietnamese for sorry about that)!

Last night out front Moco. Water got dirty for some crazy stupid reason that I don’t know. A lot of bait with fish rolling in them. Was able to connect with one 26 inch rat. And a bunch of other hits.

Saw huge and I mean huge blow ups on the bunker schools about a 1/2 mile out. A few boats work on those schools. Bunker flying out of the water like fire works. 

Back out tonight…….

Eeeeels……

52 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

?

If you don’t know then you’ve probably been a victim. ;-)

I’ll let a Jedi explain. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I saw the same thing this morning out front in OC about a half hour after sunrise.  Took a nice walk towards the south frontside and ended up watching some bunker absolutely explode out of the ocean about 1/4 mile out.  It only went on for about 10 mins but was fun to watch.  I did not see what was causing it.  Birds working other dark colored areas of the water, might have been peanuts but I can't say for sure.  Definitely smaller than the full size bunker.  Everything out of reach... Water has cleaned up well and there were some decent sets of waves still coming through.  I did have something hit my Danny twice but did not hookup this morning.  Skunked.  Will be out again Friday morning.  Have a root canal tomorrow morning interrupting my fishing...  

Edited by dgul

5 mins ago, EricDice said:

If you don’t know then you’ve probably been a victim. ;-)

I’ll let a Jedi explain. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

So funny today dozens of boats and surf fisherman on a mad dog popcorn blitz. Genius charter dumped a 5 gallon bucket worth and took off to catch fish a mile out alone while the crowds rushed the beach for the birds, birds and boats drew binocular crew to the beach - so Jersey Did see one gull caught and released in the last 3 hours beyond that Nothing:) the pic explains it all “but there are birds where are the bass?” 

42987761-0B0F-4753-9B77-0D5007F6E68C.jpeg

Edited by suntzu