Fishing reports for November 2021

Rate this topic

Sudsy

One of the best months of the year, everything should be biting !

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

As a collective group I hope we can all fish for a greater cause this fall. It is known that the stock is in trouble, but still salvageable. Please release your fish properly, and keep a modest amount for the dinner table if you so choose.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Late Report from last night.  MoCo out back 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM   The water was flat calm with ripples due to the strong west wind.   The water was slightly stained but not bad at all.   There were some small spearing that would scatter when I retrieved my lure through the school but no sightings of bunker or mullet.   Cycled through Mag Darter, SP Minnow, Hydro Minnow and Small Redfin all to no avail.   Not even one bite all night.  

1 hour ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

November already!! These water and air temps tend to not feel like it. 

Looks to me this will go pretty deep into next month. Let's keep these storms and high winds away for a change.

It's a cold trend this week, below normal really. It looks like mid month returns to some milder temps. Could be a good thing, maybe get somethings moving around followed by better fishing in fairly decent weather.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the temps stayed up enough until the 15th to keep the tog around for the shore based angler ?

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

Late Report from last night.  MoCo out back 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM   The water was flat calm with ripples due to the strong west wind.   The water was slightly stained but not bad at all.   There were some small spearing that would scatter when I retrieved my lure through the school but no sightings of bunker or mullet.   Cycled through Mag Darter, SP Minnow, Hydro Minnow and Small Redfin all to no avail.   Not even one bite all night.  

Uh oh hope those peanuts didn’t sneak out during storm like they seem to often do

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if the temps stayed up enough until the 15th to keep the tog around for the shore based angler ?

As a new togger working bridge pilings, when do they typically leave? I am down in South Jersey quite a ways but I know the chew is good on the rocks in the middle of the state still.

Outback last night, MoCo. Hit the outgoing until almost midnight. Went back to the same place as a couple days ago and maybe I need glasses, but I think I only saw spearing and no more peanuts where I was fishing. The fish were still there, maybe not in the same numbers but it was a really frustrating night to say the least. Avoided the skunk and avoided another swim session, which was the highlight of my evening. Boy did it get cold last night. 

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

54 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Outback last night, MoCo. Hit the outgoing until almost midnight. Went back to the same place as a couple days ago and maybe I need glasses, but I think I only saw spearing and no more peanuts where I was fishing. The fish were still there, maybe not in the same numbers but it was a really frustrating night to say the least. Avoided the skunk and avoided another swim session, which was the highlight of my evening. Boy did it get cold last night. 

Fished without gloves last night, 250 miles north of NJ. Still trying to thaw out. 

Pfantum Pfishah

• Sudsy locked this topic