Any one get the Van Staal VR Series VR75

Rate this topic

nfnDrum

I need a new gasket/o-ring for the right side plate on a vr 75. Sent a message using the Van Staal site but have a feeling I won’t be hearing back.

Anyone have an idea of where I could go about buying one?

Also line lay was absolutely horrible on mine with it bunched up at the bottom of the spool. I stripped all the line off with the drag loose to break it in some. Then reeled all the line back in with the drag knob completely locked down. Went on nice and even then.

Thanks!

Edited by Subtraction

On 1/1/2022 at 10:14 AM, Subtraction said:

I need a new gasket/o-ring for the right side plate on a vr 75. Sent a message using the Van Staal site but have a feeling I won’t be hearing back.

Also line lay was absolutely horrible on mine with it bunched up at the bottom of the spool. I stripped all the line off with the drag loose to break it in some. Then reeled all the line back in with the drag knob completely locked down. Went on nice and even then.

Thanks!

Call J&H or TackleDirect since the bodys are the same as the previous VR50 it should be a part any van stall service center should have. 

18 hours ago, Joe Paranee said:

My VR50 has been a solid reel so far 

New Year’s Eve ran into some smaller fish 

94ACCF8C-A573-4D71-8C3A-5E2CA95A6951.jpe

Nice healthy fish there Joe.

Tell me, what rod and lure are using there in that picture.

Great pics as usual Joe.

Thanks!

New o-ring?  Was it worn out or something ?

47 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

Nice healthy fish there Joe.

Tell me, what rod and lure are using there in that picture.

Great pics as usual Joe.

Thank you sir Happy New Year 

The rod is an Edge First Strike 

06723A76-56CB-4FF9-A377-59E6B3201DCA.jpe

The VR50 is spooled with white 20# Power Pro 

the lure is an X Rap in a mullet color 

that was the last fish for 2021 for me 

the rod is light but has a lot of backbone and has whooped some big fish. It’s more of a 10-20 line class rod 

Edited by Joe Paranee

1 min ago, Joe Paranee said:

Thank you sir Happy New Year 

The rod is an Edge First Strike 

06723A76-56CB-4FF9-A377-59E6B3201DCA.jpe

The VR50 is spooled with white 20# Power Pro 

the lure is an X Rap in a mullet color 

that was the last fish for 2021 for me 

the rod is light but has a lot of backbone and has whooped some big fish 

Thank you Sir.......may you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

On 12/10/2021 at 10:38 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Why does the top of the spool look wider than the bottom of the spool?  Pic illusion!!

Because all they did was increase the front lip Diam. from what l can see l don't have the reels in front of me now but l will soon, l will be doing a service on VR50 and l will tell my friend to bring over his new VR75 reels to see what they did, in the picture you can see the line lay is a little forward also should be a little flatter but the back end the line that part of the spool has almost a 45 deg. downward angle if it was a straight 90 deg. you would get a little more and you would b able to adjust the line lay better, as it stands you can't do that because you would have a gap at the bottom end of the spool because of the 45 deg. angle. That looks like a reveres Shimano spool poor insight on their part, quick to make an improvement with realizing what they did. 

IMG_0062.jpg

1 hour ago, yogiiiboy said:

Thank you Sir.......may you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Just noticed 

you are from Atlantic City area ?

I grew up in Longport & Margate  

my old man had a small fishing marina on Gerome Ave 

I grew up working on it 

34 mins ago, Joe Paranee said:

Just noticed 

you are from Atlantic City area ?

I grew up in Longport & Margate  

my old man had a small fishing marina on Gerome Ave 

I grew up working on it 

Good Stuff Joe!!

I still fish those beaches ….. a little tough nowadays as the fish seem to ride out a little further with these beach replenishment projects!!

55 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

Good Stuff Joe!!

I still fish those beaches ….. a little tough nowadays as the fish seem to ride out a little further with these beach replenishment projects!!

55 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

Good Stuff Joe!!

I used to live at 6 point drive in Longport it overlooked the jetty. The house is long gone and a modern box sits there now but  I grew up on those rocks 

lf you're in NJ Fishermans Headquater has them l picked up 3 3 weeks ago to service some reels.

19 hours ago, LB said:

Because all they did was increase the front lip Diam. from what l can see l don't have the reels in front of me now but l will soon, l will be doing a service on VR50 and l will tell my friend to bring over his new VR75 reels to see what they did, in the picture you can see the line lay is a little forward also should be a little flatter but the back end the line that part of the spool has almost a 45 deg. downward angle if it was a straight 90 deg. you would get a little more and you would b able to adjust the line lay better, as it stands you can't do that because you would have a gap at the bottom end of the spool because of the 45 deg. angle. That looks like a reveres Shimano spool poor insight on their part, quick to make an improvement with realizing what they did. 

IMG_0062.jpg

Gap on the bottom is valid point. 

On 1/2/2022 at 7:51 PM, Joe Paranee said:

I used to live at 6 point drive in Longport it overlooked the jetty. The house is long gone and a modern box sits there now but  I grew up on those rocks 

Wow......at any point you could still find me there as that turn from the inlet out around the beach jetty sometimes produces both in fall and summer :th:

• 1 year later...