Any one get the Van Staal VR Series VR75

Rate this topic

nfnDrum

8 mins ago, Otony said:

I “think” I’ve seen that the rotor is bigger on the VR75? Yes, no?

No, they are the same. Spools are interchangeable with any generation VR50/75. So anyone with a Gen1 VR50 can make it a VR75. There are other differences like the upgraded AR gear, but regarding spools, they will work. Gen2 VR125-200 are not interchangeable. You cannot put a Gen2 spool from 125-200 on a Gen1 125-200.

14 mins ago, BDigital said:

No, they are the same. Spools are interchangeable with any generation VR50/75. So anyone with a Gen1 VR50 can make it a VR75. There are other differences like the upgraded AR gear, but regarding spools, they will work. Gen2 VR125-200 are not interchangeable. You cannot put a Gen2 spool from 125-200 on a Gen1 125-200.

Good to know. I’m my case I want a VR51 because I prefer to cast with my left hand.

It sure would be nice if the 75 spool went on, but I’m fairly sure that can’t/won’t be the case

16 mins ago, Otony said:

Good to know. I’m my case I want a VR51 because I prefer to cast with my left hand.

It sure would be nice if the 75 spool went on, but I’m fairly sure that can’t/won’t be the case

I can't speak for the 51's but I can't see why a 50/51 spool wouldn't be the same, unless the 51's are a different body than the 50's.

Just now, BDigital said:

I can't speak for the 51's but I can't see why a 50/51 spool wouldn't be the same, unless the 51's are a different body than the 50's.

They are supposed to be mirror images, so I’m thinking something on the underside of the spool might be reversed. But I’m no engineer, nor have I held any of these reels

I suppose the thing to do is see if the sku is different between a 50 spool and a 51. If it is the same, I’m in!

4 mins ago, Otony said:

They are supposed to be mirror images, so I’m thinking something on the underside of the spool might be reversed. But I’m no engineer, nor have I held any of these reels

I suppose the thing to do is see if the sku is different between a 50 spool and a 51. If it is the same, I’m in!

A spool is symmetrical, it spins both ways the same. So all things the same it should work. But the 51 could be different.  Take it to a shop near by that has a VR50 in stock. 

1 hour ago, BDigital said:

A spool is symmetrical, it spins both ways the same. So all things the same it should work. But the 51 could be different.  Take it to a shop near by that has a VR50 in stock. 

From The Saltwater Edge…..

All Spools for Generation 2 Reels Function with Both Left-Hand and Right-Hand Reels. However, be Aware that Left Hand Retrieve Reels Spin Clockwise while Right Hand Retrieve Reels Spin Counter Clockwise, Meaning Line Retrieve will be Opposite for Either Reel.  

VR50/VR75 Spools Will Fit Any Production VR50/VR75 Reels.

31 mins ago, Otony said:

From The Saltwater Edge…..

All Spools for Generation 2 Reels Function with Both Left-Hand and Right-Hand Reels. However, be Aware that Left Hand Retrieve Reels Spin Clockwise while Right Hand Retrieve Reels Spin Counter Clockwise, Meaning Line Retrieve will be Opposite for Either Reel.  

VR50/VR75 Spools Will Fit Any Production VR50/VR75 Reels.

There you go, exactly what you wanted to hear. It's probably why they only put out a 51,151 and 201 because all those can be changed to a 75, 125 and 175.

On 12/7/2021 at 0:22 PM, avet4life said:

this is not true, 

the Gen 2VR50 and VR75 ,

do not have beefier spool shaft.

only changes to the Gen2 vr50andvr75 is the gear is cut deeper. 

I do know that the 50's and 75's have a larger AR gear.  

And something in the Gen2 VR line got beefier spool shafts........might have not been the 50's though