Any one get the Van Staal VR Series VR75

Rate this topic

nfnDrum

12 hours ago, fishunt727 said:

Just a heads up!  I got my vr51 today.  A non-sponser in south jersey got them in today. i think their like 10 left. only in black if any of you lefty are looking for them. 

Do you have calipers how big is the spool lip? 

5 hours ago, olvart said:

A tackle shop in MA  just sent me an order in a recycled VR75 box with a sticker over this.

when I pulled the sticker off,lo and behold.

Interesting part is reel was packaged 7/12/21.

Guess it’s been sitting in a container since then.

C26484B2-D3DD-4D5F-9836-2875A10505D8.jpeg

The Gen 2 VR150 I purchased a few months ago was like that too. Pack date was like 6 months before stores even had them....and this was before the whole container ship thing. 

10 hours ago, chisler said:

No 30 lb: you'll have to extrapolate. 

Screenshot_20211204-115844.png

can you explain something to me?  How can the VR125 hold 30 yards less braid than the VR75?  Especially when it can hold 60 more yards of "Mono" than the 75......

7 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

can you explain something to me?  How can the VR125 hold 30 yards less braid than the VR75?  Especially when it can hold 60 more yards of "Mono" than the 75......

I can not.  I think I got this table from Saltwater's.  

1 min ago, yogiiiboy said:

I'm hoping a typo....... :shrug:

Most likely.  I've got a 125 gen 2, but I didn't spool it.  It's got 225 yds of X9 over mono.  Not much help.  They should be putting spool diameters in the tables, it's more useful than how deep the spool is (capacity).

14 mins ago, chisler said:

Most likely.  I've got a 125 gen 2, but I didn't spool it.  It's got 225 yds of X9 over mono.  Not much help.  They should be putting spool diameters in the tables, it's more useful than how deep the spool is (capacity).

i'm hoping to grab a VR75 for a 9'6" Weapon i'm gonna have built during the winter months.  I have a Gen1 VR50 on a 10' rod and don't have a bad thing to say about it.  Although i've heard of the issues here on SOL about the VR50 under pressures of 40+ pound fish.  I haven't had the advantages of testing a fish like that on the reel ....but aside from that, again, i can't complain.

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

i'm hoping to grab a VR75 for a 9'6" Weapon i'm gonna have built during the winter months.  I have a Gen1 VR50 on a 10' rod and don't have a bad thing to say about it.  Although i've heard of the issues here on SOL about the VR50 under pressures of 40+ pound fish.  I haven't had the advantages of testing a fish like that on the reel ....but aside from that, again, i can't complain.

I do t think I’d care if  reel crapped the bed, if I got a 40.

10 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Might I ask if you considered the 150 when you made the choice of the 50?  Im asking cause Im torn between the 50 and 150 on a 9'6'' (either Century Slingshot or Tsunami).  Im conscious of adding 10oz of weight going to the 150.  Will the 150 give me significantly more casting distance?  I wont be encountering any 40pounders. 

Just received my VR75 black I’m primarily going to use it for Small Stripers and Albacore from the Beach This is my first VR so I’m asking what type of Braid you guys would recommend And please don’t say Power Pro which in my opinion is Absolutely the worst Thanks PS I was thinking 15 lb for maximum casting distance

EAC36FAC-EBF8-48FC-A32F-009E2B16E8FE.jpeg