bechill11

Which plugs do you like for Out Front after dark fishing

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you want to catch, weightless sluggo, slightly weighted sluggo, or weighted sluggo on a jig head. If a bass is not eating a sluggo its not eating anything else. lol 

Edited by SnoozeFishing

Really depends on what the fish are feeding on, where you are, what the structure is, current etc. Night you want to use anything dark colored black purple deep red blue. I like working super strike needles and bucktails with a trailer through the suds

As a night fishing googan (just started learning this year), does anyone actually catch in NJ on real darters (ss zig zag etc) and bottles?  Everything I read online says these types of plugs only work in places like mountauk with heavy current sweep, and my only success so far has come from jigs, bucktails, and minnow plugs.  Probably just don’t know what I’m doing, but I’d be interested to hear what types of environments and conditions people find bottles and darters work in NJ.

2 hours ago, loubert said:

As a night fishing googan (just started learning this year), does anyone actually catch in NJ on real darters (ss zig zag etc) and bottles?  Everything I read online says these types of plugs only work in places like mountauk with heavy current sweep, and my only success so far has come from jigs, bucktails, and minnow plugs.  Probably just don’t know what I’m doing, but I’d be interested to hear what types of environments and conditions people find bottles and darters work in NJ.

Both the darters and bottles work great in NJ, you don't need a heavy sweep but a current makes the plugs move.

Posted (edited)

On 11/3/2021 at 7:04 AM, bassmaster said:

53ed9650_vbattach430976.jpg

I’ll buy one, is that the magnum rabbit zonker?

Edited by t_man7

8 hours ago, loubert said:

I have to carry 2 SS darters and 2 SS bottles at night. Staples in my nighttime bag

On 11/7/2021 at 1:49 AM, SnoozeFishing said:

If you want to catch, weightless sluggo, slightly weighted sluggo, or weighted sluggo on a jig head. If a bass is not eating a sluggo its not eating anything else. lol 

This is how I feel about a bucktail with a mr twister. I throw other stuff just to see but rarely does anything get bit if the buck & twister doesn’t. (In the surf. Bay is sometimes different.)

No mention of twitch baits in this thread. Deadly at night, especially in moving water when bunker of any size are around including pnuts.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 27conch said:

What do you consider a " twitch bait: bdowning??

Yo-Zuri 3D inshore twitch bait is one example. Theres a long thread on this subject elsewhere in this forum. 

Its the thread about gliders and how to work them. 

Edited by bdowning

On 1/30/2022 at 0:18 PM, bdowning said:

Yo-Zuri 3D inshore twitch bait is one example. Theres a long thread on this subject elsewhere in this forum. 

Its the thread about gliders and how to work them. 

So, what color Yo-Zuri are you throwing at night

1 hour ago, Foureel said:

So, what color Yo-Zuri are you throwing at night

Don't think it makes a huge difference, but I rotate between peanut bunker, mullet, and ghost shad.