jps1010

Good and Informative Striped Bass video

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

There is a very good video created in association with the ASGA I came across on You Tube that I thought to share.  It does a really good job of showcasing striped bass and explaining the challenges of this fishery.  I believe the link below is allowed but in case it is not, you can go to YT and search the video "hard lined simms."

I hope this helps better explain why we are seeing less and less fish in our waters and debunks a lot of misinformation out there.

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

Slick marketing video but nothing was explained or debunked as far as I can tell. 

I didn't get that from the video.  I will take another look. 

I do recall seeing them talk about the lack of fish due to overfishing and poor recruitment and not that they are staying offshore which is a popular myth among some.

Edited by jps1010

8 hours ago, jps1010 said:

I do recall seeing them talk about the lack of fish due to overfishing and poor recruitment and not that they are staying offshore which is a popular myth among some.

I saw anglers that fish for bass daily talking about the current status of the fishery.  ...their experiences have been confirmed by the scientists.  I thought it was well shot and edited.  

18 hours ago, jps1010 said:

Mostly fly guys in center consoles with product placement shots and expensive drone shots. I guess you phrased it in a way that I was looking for something more. It’s a fine video for what it is. 

This is the main point of the video right here

Start releasing fish so we can keep making money with them.

Evident buy this quote from the video "fish are worth more alive than dead".

Great footage though would have been a better watch with sound off.

One of the reasons why I shared the video was due to the fact that the American Saltwater Guides Association was associated with it.  They understand the challenges these fish are facing and the importance of meaningful regs to bring them back for all to enjoy.

34 mins ago, TheSuperApe said:

Start releasing fish so everyone can do whatever they want with them down the road. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Very cool video. Must be getting old as I've fished almost all of those locations and have hit almost all those shops. Going to be interesting to see what rabbit hole we go down now. I'd love to get back to over 35 or 36" for starters. Keeps skin in the game for all user groups. Pretty simple way to start. Was the first minimum when the moratorium was lifted years ago. Gives time for a prevalent group of year classes right now to spawn a few times over. 

Edited by brushfly

3 hours ago, TheSuperApe said:

We must have watched a different video.

The informative and engaging commentary was my favorite part.  Great overview of management success and failures, key spawning stock science, why we need mobilize and advocate for abundance, and yes the economic significance of recreational striper fishing.

Glad to see so many brands stepping up to support the ASGA's effort.  

1 min ago, Bait Tailer said:

We must have watched a different video.

The informative and engaging commentary was my favorite part.  Great overview of management success and failures, key spawning stock science, why we need mobilize and advocate for abundance, and yes the economic significance of recreational striper fishing.

Glad to see so many brands stepping up to support the ASGA's effort.  

If the guides have more fish to put clients on the brands will have more customers. This is an ADVERTISMENT for for hire vessels. They even shat on party boats right? Hilarious