NJS

Twin Power XD '21

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Not sure whether TP XD '21 has already it's own topic here so I'll post it here.

Had the PG 4000 delivered to my doorstep yesterday, took it for a short spin, I have to say the feather light feeling with absolute zero amount of startup inertia is quite bizarre compared to anything I've had or tried before.

I don't want to overhype this new reel buuut it feels on another level to any Certate LT, Exsence, Luvias Airity or TP from '15 onwards, pretty much sure PG (4.4:1) adds to that feeling.

I am not fan of 'police blue' color scheme here but on water, once you start spinning it - you forgive how ugly it is.

F24-F2-AE2-CEEF-4959-8-CF4-0-AADC3294637

FBB17-F2-A-83-F5-4534-93-DD-D02-E510-CDD

7536-D76-E-6159-4245-A8-B6-E7-D23-FB2-E0

Paired with Graphiteleader Aspro 8'2" 30lbs it's just insane how light and easy is to retrieve jigheads with soft plastics up to 2oz.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It looks nice, I was actually thinking of getting the 2021 SW C for myself for Christmas. But now your thread has me wondering.. What’s the difference in the 2021 SWC vs the 2021 XD? 

Edited by MattieG

Size, perhaps?

I don't have a chance to try bigger SW brother anytime soon, it is oversized for most of fishing I do. Unless you are speaking of 4000 size - which is still almost 100grams heavier than XD.

I also was looking over the sw version...got a chance to handle one over the weekend and initial impression was very positive (extremely smooth and drag felt nice - for as much as I could test it with no line on the spool)