RAW

Day 6 crazy varied great day

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Last snook outing I was skunked along with everyone else. Today total chaos with success. 7:45 first drop drop to hand a 25” snook, 1 of 6 landed. Today free floating fresh mullet was nuts, 3 more were piling gifts to the snook gods. Another 6 ate and ran 30-40’ and dropped. From small (25”) to bruisers upper 30’s.Those long runs and no hookup was strange, To take a brake, smoke a good cigar and chug ice water I put on a live grunt and free lined, A school of big Jack came by and the grunt spent more in air and thought he could fly. A Jack of close to 30” won and ripped off on many runs on to bite off after a fun battle. A few more snook and said that’s it. Gathering my tackle I found one last mullet chunk and lowered away, slam and thought I had bottom, but felt the thumping only to pull a real fat 24” grouper, A newbie said he would net and proceeded to hit the fish in the nose and pulled hook, was okay. Never in 4 years here have I seen so many snook ! All with varied eating approaches. I used a 4lb mullet over the 4 hours:rav:

7A0D1B3A-000B-41F6-9001-E728FFE73304.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheSuperApe said:

What a fun day.

Kind of a shame about the grouper though.

Just wanted a picture of coloration! Fishing is on fire.:rav: