Frank2104

What happens now?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Been reading reports on here trying to get a feel for what happens this time of year. Looks like things were happening in NJ and AI and some I saw in South Bethany. So I am thinking that Fenwick might be a better choice than 3Rs? Is this nor'easter (or the next one coming up) likely to make any difference?

Do things sort of shut down at some point this time of year? I got impression most people were casting lures rather than soaking bait? 

Driving down doesn't bother me but I don't want to chase what aint there.

Thanks for the help this season. Just a few fish but I sure had fun doing it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Frank, It's been spoty all season. Fish here one day, gone the next. I have done good on the fenwick beaches, But if you could I'd hit  A.I.. When you going, you should still be into whiteing, spot, maybe some tailor blues, and who knows maybe a red.  Thing is you can fish all year, it's just up to what's around. I have been at A.I. with a little action, then herd the De beaches were hot. It's a roll of the dice. But like I said try fenwick or A.I.  I'll be hitting A.I in 2 weeks. Tight lines

Edited by hunter123

Ahh, the ol days of the striper run, I am happy the drum were back in numbers, maybe someday the Stripers will be as well.

I am surprised no one has put together a Dogfish / Ray tournament yet :sarc:

59 mins ago, spinr0k said:

Ahh, the ol days of the striper run, I am happy the drum were back in numbers, maybe someday the Stripers will be as well.

I am surprised no one has put together a Dogfish / Ray tournament yet :sarc:

Those two fish are probably my best fishing buddies.  When there's absolutely nothing going on they will show up to make it interesting.  If it weren't for Skates and Dogfish, I would have a lot more skunks.  :)