Artificial Bait for Blackfish?

Rate this topic

saltguy7

Hello all,

I was looking to hit up the north shore this weekend and fish the low tide off of a rocky jetty searching for Blackfish. I plan on harvesting some crabs under rocks when I get there but was looking for some recommendations on artificial baits that might be a good back up in case I do not find enough crabs.

Edited by saltguy7

Your looking to buy something  "just in case" one way or the other ... If it were me & I wasn't sure if I would find any or find enough once there I'd stop off & pick up a dozen or so greenies on the way.... they're cheap enough and about a gazillion times more effective...

asian/greens are the only way to go. a fresh cut crab will outfish any artificial 20-1 when it comes to blackfish. They are astonishingly picky, and I mean literally they pick at it. blackfishing involves losing dozens of crabs to crafty togs who just nibble at ur offering. low tide around rocky beaches will give u plenty of crabs to use if u just turn over some rocks, OR as stated above, just hit up your local bait shop and get some for cheap. Well worth the money my friend, good luck!